Sunday, April 11, 2010

the bridal shower inspiration board!


See the purple, the bling bling, and the delicious?  Yah, I do.

I, for some unknown reason, don't like inspiration boards.  At least... making them.  I don't know why I find it so "difficult" since I collect pictures up the wazoo.  It's just the matter of throwing them together!  I'm sure I could do it if I tried.  :-P  But this is the one and only fully completed inspiration board I've ever made, so I wanted to share it with you!  Especially since it's vision did not exactly come to life.

Since 2/3 of my bridesmaids are from out of town, busy, and I didn't expect either of them to come -- I ended up helping plan my own bridal shower especially since I didn't want Heidi to have to shoulder all of the costs.  So I got to pick colors, themes, and the menu!  Which was fun.  :]  We were originally going to go with a cocktail party!  With a rich dark purple theme!  But then only a handful of people were able to make it and it seemed lame to make people dress up for such a small party, so we bumped it up a few hours and had a "regular" ole party.  That still utilized the purple theme with the decor and food (see my brief recap here!)

The menu was kinda the same.  It had more of a Japanese-y theme and sadly no chocolate covered strawberries cause Heidi forgot the strawberries at home.  haha.  But the rest was tasty and we had a lot of food, and we ended up feeding the rest of it to some friends who were visiting from LA!  (Who came over later that evening.)

Anyway.  That is my inspiration board.  Do you like it?
                                                        

3 comments:

  1. nice board! i don't like making them either..too lazy i guess. and i love the daiso cake sponges, so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete