Sunday, April 25, 2010

why is it french?


I've never gotten a manicure and I have no real desire to.  Though maybe one day I'd like to try it once.  I guess I just don't care about my nails enough to get them pampered!  And I don't usually stare at people's fingers (or toes) enough to figure out whether they got them done at a salon or by themselves (ok... I can usually tell...) but I don't actually care.  I was going to use my favorite (discontinued) Wet 'N Wild nail polish in Shy/Timide.  However, I've always thought French Manicures were pretty classic and clean looking (if done well.  There are some pretty scary pictures on Google  :oP), and that maybe it could be a "new" fun look for the wedding.


So I decided to see if I liked the look (and could spring for the salon if I really liked it and wanted it professionally done), so I picked up this Sally Hansen French Manicure kit at Target for like $5.50.  I went with the pale pink "Sheer Romance" color.  It comes with manicure & pedicure guides, white tip, sheer color, and a top coat.

I have a tendency to keep my nails short and rounded... so I don't know if a French Manicure will make my short fingers look funny.  :oP  I guess we'll find out!  I'm thinking I should start on my toes... so I can use both hands to attempt a graceful application.  :-P

Um.  Does my countdown clock say 34 days?  THIRTY-FOUR days?!  Oh hott-digitty!  I've gotta get moving on them projects!
                                          

2 comments:

  1. you could always grow your nails out just a little longer for the wedding! and as long as the french manicure is done well, i've never seen it look bad on anyone, short fingers or not :P

    and if it's either or for going to the salon to get a manicure or a pedicure... get the pedicure!! it's not just the nails that get pampered it's your whole foot! (well i suppose most places will pamper your whole hand when you go in for the manicure but i'd rather my foot get pampered since it sees the most abuse :P)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nail salon! you have boyfriend? oh wait right you're getting married. haha.

    ReplyDelete