Thursday, April 29, 2010

flower ball power

Yesterday I went into Michael's armed with my 40% coupon.  I was there to find a little flower ball (aka pomanders or kissing balls) for our little flower girl.  I've seen them there before (when I wasn't looking for them) so I hoped they were still there.  After going up and down all the floral aisles, I couldn't find one so I asked an associate, who showed me a handful of them behind a bunch of garland bushes.  I was very happy they were only $5, and with the coupon would only be $3!  Even at full price, it's a much better deal than trying to make it myself.  The supplies alone would cost way more than $5 not the mention the time required for it.  So I take it to the counter... and they wouldn't let me use my coupon...  :(

Pen for size reference

But that's because... it was ALREADY 50% off.  :-D  YAY!!!  Only $2.50 and the PERFECT size for our flowergirl!  She's little and cute.  :-D  It's about the size of a baseball, I'd say, not very heavy, all white, and very cute.  I'll probably dress it up with some green and/or orange ribbons or something.  I think the one I saw months ago was actually with light pink flowers, which I would've settled for if that was the only thing they had, but I'm very glad it's all white instead.

I also got a trim today since I felt my hair was getting too long.  I have been trying to grow it out for the wedding but it's getting pretty annoying and heavy.  :-P  I can't recall the last time I've had it this long!  I am more than ready for the post-wedding chop!  :-P  But I don't think I'd chop it too much.  But even a few inches off would help lighten it!  I was debating about whether I wanted to pay the same amount of money (as a regular hair cut) for a trim where she basically took off a measly-unnoticable-inch of hair.  It basically looks the same.  But I know the ends look better and it is a smidgen shorter.

I've got to go pay the final bill for our flowers now!  I wish they cost as much as the flower ball.  :-P

Flower ball FTW!
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment