Friday, April 2, 2010

marriage license appt, coffee, & God



We have an appointment to get a marriage license! I have no idea if scheduling an appointment is like trying to get into a popular class at school... but I don't have "another semester" to find out or get to "take another class" when time comes so I just did it last night. Tim better get here on time! :-P

~~~~ o ~~~~~ oo ~~~~~ ooo ~~~~~ oo ~~~~~ o ~~~~

I was looking at this picture thinking... oh this is how I like my coffee! With milk and sugar. But then I look again and it's like... why is the liquid being poured into the coffee already brown?! That's not milk. And then when I went to save the picture... it says it was Baileys. haha. I suppose that's good in coffee too. Maybe just not in the mornings. :-P (Source)

You know... I really enjoy my coffee in the morning. I'm not really sure why. I do get mild headaches when I don't get enough caffeine (though I can ween myself off it in a few days). But I always look forward to it. So... I only get fresh coffee when my dad's home. :-P I could make fresh coffee when he isn't home, but I think it doesn't make just one cup as well. Or I'm just lazy. Or both. So I revert to Starbuck's VIA instant stuff -- which is not bad for instant I must say, but it's not the same as fresh beeeeans. I'm hoping the coffee maker we registered for (or that we will buy) will be able to make one cup. :] Though we did register for this other 3-in-1 thing that makes "one cup" but I'm always worried those 3-in-1 things can't do any of those one things right. :oP (Though I suppose the making hot water part can't be too hard for tea. Hmm... I wonder what the third thing is. haha.)

~~~~ o ~~~~~ oo ~~~~~ ooo ~~~~~ oo ~~~~~ o ~~~~

Psalm 18: 30-36

As for God, his way is perfect;
the word of the LORD is flawless.
He is a shield
for all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the LORD ?
And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength
and makes my way perfect.

He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.

You give me your shield of victory,
and your right hand sustains me;
you stoop down to make me great.
You broaden the path beneath me,
so that my ankles do not turn.

I especially love v32, "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect." Far too often we think we can do things on our own, cross our fingers, or just putter through life hoping for the best, but it is God who works in and through us, and His plan that is "perfect" even though we may not always think so - before the fact, during or after it. I says "life happens" fairly often. There are just some things in life that inevitable. Sometimes that means hard times, broken hearts, or trying times. But maybe I should be saying "God happens." God "works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28). And that means trusting in God when "life happens."


Why do we say "Happy Good Friday"?  Is it a day to be celebrated?  Or rather, commemorated and revered?  Are we happy cause we know Easter is coming?
                                                     

1 comment:

  1. lol, i don't think I've ever heard someone say happy good friday before, but you are probably right that it could be happy knowing ressurection sunday follows :)

    and lol @ the 3 in 1..no idea what the third thing could be.. grinder?

    ReplyDelete