Friday, April 16, 2010

bobby pins

So continuing with things-to-put-in-the-emergency-kits!   Yesterday was Q-tips!  Today, bobby pins!  I'm not sure people will actually use them, but they're always handy right?  :]


So... nothing too exciting here.  (Sorry to disappoint Bee!  :oP) 


I just used some metallic cardstock I had lying around.  Cut out a few rectangles that were slightly longer than the bobby pins.  Rounded the corners (just because I like rounded-corners things.)  Carved a window out with my dull swiss army knife, and clipped the bobby pins on.  :]  I wanted something that was small and simple, so it would fit into the emergency kits easily!  And I figured they didn't need a label or anything either.  :]


In other news... I think Walmart stole my design!  So awhile back, I was looking into this wedding invitation design contest for kicks, and started playing around with a few designs.


And then!  When I was recently browsing Walmart for swimsuits, I found this!

THEIVES!!!!  Down to the white border lines!  (Source)

Okay... today did not turn out as productive as I was thinking it should be.  So... out I go!
                                                

2 comments:

  1. lol. wow, they really did copy you! ><"

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL how did I miss this post?! I love the bobby pin idea! See, I would have never thought to make a little window or round the corners! I was thinking of just sticking them onto a small square of cardstock. Boooring! I'm definitely borrowing your idea!

    And that's funny that Wal-mart copied your design right down the the colors and everything! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete