Tuesday, November 10, 2009

With great pleasure, I present...

... the Save the Dates I promised to share. Their arrival was proclaimed here.  So. As mentioned before, some people got emailed their save the dates and other people got a postcard. And some lucky fools got both. ;)

All designs by yours truly. Our cartoony heads were made from Vistaprint's Caricature Design.

It was unfortunate that Tim was/is soooo busy with work/research/school stuff that he wasn't able to like... help. Cause he's got quite the artistic eye when it comes to design stuff and using Photoshop, and I would have loved to see him work his magic.  :(  I sent him everything I made, and he would give input, but I would have liked to have designed them together!  Perhaps on the next project.  :]

But anyway... here they are!


[ Save the Date 1]

Our postcard! This was printed on a simple postcard from Vistaprint. There weren't as thick as I envisioned them but most people who have held on in their hands thought they were fine and nobody has reported any that have been mauled, missing a corner, or sad things like that.

The emailed people got our assortment pack. :) It was kind of nice that way so that none of my crazy, zany ideas went to waste.  People could choose which one they wanted to print out!  The first in the "pack" was the same design as the postcard, followed by these:


[Save the Date 2]

We like brontos. Yes. We know that brontosaurus' have gone the way of Pluto and are obsolete now, replaced by the Apatosaurus. But seriously. Apatosaurus just does not sound as cool as brontosaurus (which I have been saying, and loving, since I was a wee child).

Story! Ok. I don't know if this is a story, but when we were JUST FRIENDS... sometimes I'd draw brontosauruses on the white boards in Duffield (the engineering atrium downstairs from where Tim works, where there were these study alcoves) when I would study there and sometimes he'd see them. And THEN when we started dating... the evolved into orange and green brontos that stood closer together. :)

A couple months ago I made these little clay babies, hehe:



Back to the save the dates...


[Save the Date 3]

Here is our cartoony faces again. (I dig square paper card things.)  I'm not entirely sure why I used that dark pink color for the writing.  I think I just liked it against the tan-yellow.


[Save the Date 4]

To close with our actual FACES. This was actually incase any of Tim's (or my) relatives didn't recognize us by name and needed some visual-aid. Or.  They wanted to see what Tim's fiancee looked like!  (And vice versa)  Or. Maybe some people wanted to see our silly faces.  Who knows.  Ok, maybe just our moms.  haha.  :D  It was inspired by... those Christmas photo cards that people send you of their family that don't stand up on their own (like a normal card) that you don't know what to do with...  Yup.  :]

I know these aren't super exciting save the dates. No cute embellishments or fancy ribbons, but I guess it was my way of having fun and being creative without breaking the bank for some save the dates (which aren't even the invitations!) and would have required more time, labor, materials, and postage.  People have been enthusiastic about these so far, so it's been fun and I'm glad they turned out the way they did.  :)

------------------------------------------

And 200 days until the wedding!  Whooooooot!  :oP
  

No comments:

Post a Comment