(Source)
The I FAILED Poem
Gather 'round. Listen close.
To the tale of why Alvina's tears flow
It began with a dress I found on Ebay.
Available for less, I thought, "Hey, no way!"
But instead of doing what I should have done
Which is buy the dress, be merry and run!
I thought me clever, I thought me fine
Morning comes, I check my email
Offer's declined plus a BIG FAT FAIL
Someone had "bought it now" instead
My heart was then filled with dread
A dress I loved, but too much to spend
A deal on Ebay, too great to comprehend
I moved too slow; sadness to replace the glee
Now lost forever, woe is me! :(
Translation to the terrible poem:
There is this wedding dress I really like that retails for $500. But I didn't want to spend $500 on dress that I'll wear for 8 hours. So inspired by this post about buying a dress on Ebay, I decided to go look.
I found one. New with tags. For $280. That's right. Two-hundred eighty dollars. Wha! I was estatic. I was hyperventilating. But. Don't ask me why. I decided to make an offer, and thought if I didn't get it I could just "buy it now" later.
I woke up the next morning, got up and jumped on the computer. I got an email that said the offer was declined. So I was like, Ok, I'll just buy it now. But alas. That button was useless, a ploy! The dress was already bought by someone and gone. Gone. No more. Lesson of the day, kids?
BUY. IT. NOW.

John Said...I'll sell you Ashley's dress.
ReplyDeleteHahah. I liked your poem! I pictured you in a medieval outfit as a minstrel on the street.
ReplyDeleteHow do you know the lesson of the day is "buy it now"? Maybe God has something even better in store for you! =)