(Source)
It's made out of crepe paper. Isn't it gorgeous?! The different kinds of flowers and how-to's are listed here. I suppose it speaks to me extra since we're having orang flowers too! It would definitely save a buttload of money. But take a buttload of time. Hmmmmm.
Then today on Weddingbee, there was this post by Miss Pretzel on crepe and fabric flowers. My favorite was this one:
(Source)
I love how there's a PRINT! The ends don't curl as cute as crepe paper does, but it could be an idea! I dont know if I want a whole fabric bouquet... And I think it'd look weird if I had a real bouquet and the bridesmaid had fabric/paper bouquets. BUT. Perhaps I can use it towards those non-floral boutinnieres I want to make! *dingdingding* :) Can't wait to get to a craft store so I can get the necessary materials! Maybe that's what I'll do when Tim is busy at work when I visit. hehe. "Honey, can I borrow your keys for a little while?" ;)
Today, while reading one of Miss Stiletto's wedding recaps on WeddingBee, I was like... "Wow, her dress is really flowy and pretty, even though it's a tiered dress." I am not naturally drawn to tiered dresses, but hers was really pretty! So I tried to search back to her post on her finding her dress, where, how much, and so forth. I accidently found a post on The Bee's Dress Budgets: Under $1000 Before Alterations.
And it was actually kind of discouraging. haha. Cause most of the bees' dress were on the spendy side! Especially with alterations! Well, by expensive I mean close to $1k and... my dress budget is nowhere near there. :( I mean... I think the $500 that I really, really like (using the word love would automatically make me more attached than I already am) is already too expensive for an 8-hour dress! {sadface} Especially if I need alterations! Which is likely... mostly for the hem since I'm short. :oT It almost sounds silly since a lot of wedding dresses are like a gazillion dollars and I'm stressing over a $500 one. :oP But to each her own?
Often I'll stress over something that ties in with the budget (of course) and Tim will go, "Maybe we can raise the budget so you don't have to stress over this?" and I'll always refuse and say we have to stick to it! And then it's really a challenge to find the best deal for everything. I just have these "stress out" moments at the most frustrated point and then I'm just determined after that.
SO. Once I stop being busy (er.... when's that?) I will concentration on securing that dress. Yes. I will. I must. Soon. :) I'm excited to get a dress. Are you excited for me too? :-P
Do you think I should just get the dress because I like it (and it's fairly... reasonable in the wedding world. hah)? Continue to stalk Ebay and other sites to find a discounted one? Or just buy the back up one that's totally affordable so I can be sure I'll have a dress? (Sorry no pics... that Tim sometimes shows up here unannounced and never when you expect him to.) :oP


I think you already have your answer!! =)
ReplyDeleteWhat if it rains? Then all your paper flowers will get mushy.