Wednesday, November 25, 2009

aminals

So last night I was checking up on some blogs and discovered these butterfly centerpieces on Steven Curtis Chapman's assistant's blog about an event they threw!



LIVE BUTTERFLY CENTERPIECES!!!  (Source)

Holla!  How unique would that be?!  :-D  AND then... so I did some "research" and... discovered that you can freakin' grow your own butterflies from a KIT.  haha.  (And Tim said that Mama Condon has done them before for her class!  I should go ask her how that turned out.)

   
$15 at Amazon for 5 butterflies and a little collaspable looks-like-a-mini-laundry hamper-net-cage-thing!  Granted they are painted ladies and not the monarh ones... but who cares?!  I can raise my own butterflies!!!  So I definitely would want to try this out beforehand cause we don't want dead butterflies at the table when people are eating.  :)  Unless they die before the people come in and we glue them to the net.  HAHA.  (Source)

So I told Tim about this brilliant discovery and he suggested BETA!  Fishy fishy fish! 

  
He suggested suggested ecospheres... which are really cool but the smaller one is like $80 and we don't love our guests that much. Sorry. We rather buy you better food/dessert! ;)  (Source)



I like the flowers over this one!  I don't particular like betas... I don't think they're very... pretty, they always look sad.  haha.  But this arrangement is quite simple and nice.  (Source)



This one could've used more than one fishy... but it's the turtle-food kind of gold fish and those are like 10 cents each so... we can buy lots of them!  (And they're orange)  (Source)



I love this one!  Perhaps since it fits with the orange scheme and all.  The wreath at the bottom makes the fishbowl look comfy, though the arrangement might be a little 80's like.  And they're GOLDFISHIES!  That are orange!  :)  (Source)



This looks dangerous?  Haha... ok maybe not "dangerous" but those candles will melt and bad things could happen to that fish!  And it looks so cramped.  Esp if the 20 year old "boys," I mean our friends start playing with the candles, flame, fish, or all of the above!  (Source)



I just thought this picture was cool.  :)  Esp with the upside-down city reflecting in the bowl!  (Source)

One of the fortunes I got from them fortune cookies (I should tell that story sometime!) DID say FISH.  So... I don't know if it was pointing towards fedelity, fertility and abundance or our centerpieces.  hehe.  :)

So what do you think?  I've seen fish centerpieces but not butterfly ones before!  (And the butterflies wouldn't be terribly expensive if they worked out aka don't die.)  Would you like live aminals at your table while you eat?  Annnnd get to take it home with you at the end of the night?  :-D
   

1 comment:

  1. butterflies are gross. they're all buggish. you should just buy some feeder fish. they're hardy, like your billybob =P

    ReplyDelete