Wednesday, November 4, 2009

saaaave that date!

Wheeee!!  Save the Dates are ON THEIR WAY to people!!!

SO.  We originally decided to email out save the dates to save on unnecessary printing costs and stamps!  Oh dear sweet cheeks stamps are expensive (and on the rise!) these days.  But then... after asking Mama Condon a few times it became apparent that it would be difficult to get email addresses for many of the guests on the Condon side.  It was trouble enough trying to get mailing addresses!  So.  I thought we could send postcards to those people we only had mailing addresses to and then email everyone else.



Which is pretty much how we did things. :] Except I went and bought a 200 ct. pack of print-your-own postcards and thought we'd just print our own. I don't know if it's my computer or the printer but after a few trial runs, I could not get them to print correctly. And.  The ink could get pretty expensive with all that color.  So I surfed through some printing sites and found 100 free postcards at Vistaprint. SWEEEEET. But then I think it was like $4 to load your own image and then $6 for shipping. So it was really $10. But $10 for 100 postcards is not too shabby. And they were suppose to be glossy.  :)

Well.  They came TODAY!  :-D  It was a LONG hard cranky day of going to doctors appointments with my grandpa (830am to 4pm!  Well it was two appointments, but add in lunch, driving time, parking, picking up and dropping off and it's an awfully long time).  So I was really excited to get them!  And much earlier than the aniticipated SLOW delivery estimate they gave.  I was sliiiiiightly disappointed when I opened the package and discovered they were not.... as thick as I thought they'd be.  :(  So I was complaining to my mom and she goes, "How much were they?"  And I was like, "Free.... ish.  But I had to pay for uploading the image and shipping!"  :oP  Enough said, Mom.



So yeah yeah, they're okay.  :)  I emailed a bunch of folks yesterday and pretty much basically kind of finished writing all the postcards today.  And sent out some more emails.  :oD  I think we have like 50 extra.  But that's ok.  hahah.

AND!  I HANDWROTE every single one of them.  Every address and even a little (very repetitve and now very annoying) little note on the left side.  :oP  (This was partially also because I did not have mailing labels, nor did I want to pay money for them or learn how to print them properly.)



You'll get a peek at them (both email version and postcard), properly, in a little bit!  :-D

So yeah.  They may be a few weeks early, but whatever.  The etiquette (my dearest Tim went, "There's Save the Date etiquette?!" haha) is 6 months before your wedding.  But it IS a holiday weekend, in a big city and most of the Condon guests are coming from out of town, so I figured 6 months and 3 weeks is ok.  :-P  Or maybe I was just... really excited.  Shhhh.  ;)  Flying into SF is unique in that... there are a lot of flights, but as I've learned, flights only seem to get more expensive as time passes (and lodging is expensive!) so... the earlier the notice the better right?  :)  Plus, I'll be out of town next week and then it's Thanksgiving.  So really, it's justified -- I sound pretty busy, right?  :-P


Do you think hold-in-your-hand Save the Dates actually help you remember people's weddings?  Or do emails work as well, and it's a matter of logging it in your planner/calendar?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment