Sunday, November 15, 2009

ring-a-ling-ling


Look what I found!  It leaves an impression on your finger!  They don't look very comfortable and I think it's... kind of stupid, haha, but an unique and interesting find nonetheless.   (Source)


So I guess I will update on ring shopping even thought that was probably the least interesting thing from the last post. :oP Tim and I went to the mall yesterday and boy... the selection SUCKED. hehe. Well. I guess we weren't really going "ring shopping" so much as looking at stuff to see what Tim might like and getting his finger sized. :] They were basically 2.5 jewelry stores in the Ithaca mall. Tim knew where all of them were cause he went to look at them when he was engagement ring shopping. :) We first hit up Kay Jewelers which had like 5 different kinds of plain bands and 5 different kinds of bands with some kind of design or made from a different material. Totally boring and it seemed pretty craptastic quality if you ask me! Also the plain bands they had were umm... ok I don't know proper ring lingo (help anyone?) but... they were flat and thin... and my ring is round and thick, and I want my wedding band to at least have the same shape/size. The second store was called JB Robinson Jewelers but it was basically Kay Jewelers with a different name. :oP They had mostly the same selection but maybe one or two more "interesting/different" ones that had some different designs. Both. Major. Fail. The third was more of a fashion jewelery place and we didn't see anything remotely interesting.

I was hoping that we could try on more stuff to get a feel for what we like, so then when/if we order online, it wouldn't be too much of a gamble or risk. But sadly, it was a pretty fail ring shopping expedition. We did get Tim's ring size. Sort of. I bought him a ring a few months ago and it was a size 7. When it was cold, he could fit it but it was otherwise too tight. So I figured him to be a size 7.5. At the store, the 7.5 was the best fit, but he thought it felt a little loose. But I think it would fit him fine cause there are those days and even times in the day when his finger will expand and such. My engagement ring sometimes gets super loose! I try to be careful though! :]  He thinks maybe a 7.25 might be better but I don't know about finding one in that size unless it's custom or we get it resized.  So in the end, nothing we didn't already know.
 
But on a semi different note, we also popped into AC Moore (which is a crafts store like JoAnne's or Michaels) and I am excited and inspired to start experiementing with the non-floral boutinnieres!  Must. Get. To. Crafts. Store. At. Home!  I didn't want to buy supplies and FLY them across country.  :-P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment