I don't know why this kid is having such a hard time making a decision... I would've just eaten both of them. :oP (Source)
I was pretty adament about staying within budget since I already throught the amount we alloted was... excessive.... for a one-day party. Yes, you should celebrate a marriage, but do you really need all the things the wedding industry says you need? Of course not. I think we live so comfortably here we don't often think about the starving people in the rest of the world, or even the starving people sleeping in doorways in our own cities. And I didn't feel it was right to waste money. And as I've heard many times before, nobody really cares or pays attention to all the details you put into your wedding like you do. So you probably don't really need all those fancy frills and thrills. We are paying for our wedding and I wanted to make sure we were still able to eat after paying for the wedding.
Growing up, many of the weddings I attended were smiliar. Granted, those were mostly people from church -- so that meant a Christian service and since most of them were Chinese, a Chinese banquet. In my high school/college years, there were a few whose RSVP cards required checking off what you wanted for dinner two months later and had their reception at a nice hotel. Ever since I was little, I never wanted to have a Chinese banquet. I don't really know why. Some say it is more "cost effective" than the reception-at-a-hotel deal, but when it was finally our turn to look at possible reception ideas, a Chinese banquet wasn't in our budget. And besides, would the groom's side of the family really appreciate the weird jiggly jelly noodly-looking appetizer or the freshwater fish with the eyeball staring up at them? Prooooobably Definitely not. So two negatives equals a positive, and we are not having a Chinese banquet. :oP White people food it is! :) We found an affordable deal on a caterer that fits into our budget neatly and within the budget we set for it! God is good. :]
So yes, get to the point, Alvina. What decision did you have to make?
So as I mentioned before, photography is important to me. And as we discussed today, the budget is important to me too. So as of late, I was faced with the decision of deciding between a total newbie that had more of a contemporary style than I liked for a really low price of X or a more seasoned (at least a few good weddings under his belt) photographer with a simple, classic style who gave me a spankin' deal that however is X times 2 and would put us slightly over the budget by a smidgen (according to the budget estimates... which probably doesn't account for other unforeseen expenses) And you know what? This X times 2 is still much lower than a lot of relatively "cheap" photographers on the market.
AHH. What to do, what to do! After spending two weeks thinking about it and praying and talking it over with Tim... we decided to...
... STAY TUNED for the next episode of "decisions decisions"!!! :oP
PSA: don't forget to turn your clocks back an hour this Saturday night! YAY! An illusion of more sleep! :-P

i love this post.. i'm the only one who knows exactly what those choices are LOL
ReplyDelete