Friday, November 20, 2009

PHoToBooTH

So. Continuing on with more photo-graphy stuff (understand that I say it like that in my head... photo... graphy....) Ever since discovering photobooths, I've wanted one for my wedding. They. Are. So. Fun. And it'd be an extra plus to have goofy pictures of the guests! (Yes, be careful how you pose because we will have copies of ALL the pictures.) :-D And Alvina loves goofy, guests = people, and pictures right? :-D

In the beginning... when I looked into renting one, they were butt burning expensive. Like... $800 for like 4 hours. And very possibly really craptastic quality. When Beck and I went to the City Affaire Bridal Show, they had one there and it was terrible quality for like $1600 for 6 hours or something ridiculous like that. There's nothing vintage about bad quality printing! I was pretty disappointed to put away my photobooth dreams, but it was just waaay out of our budget.

Luckily, when I went to C & C's wedding, they had a photobooth constructed by someone from church! I thought it was so pro. The pictures are printed with EXCEPTIONAL quality. It's just a printer and photo paper but it's AMAZING. So crisp and clear and sharp. The machine as a whole was easy to use and quite SPACIOUS :-D AND... since I know that someone and his wife from church... they gave me a friends and family discount and it fits into our budget nicely. :) I was pretty ready to just pay for it out of my own pocket but that would be breaking budget rules. :-P (And defeating the purpose of having a budget....?)

Mmm anyway, so yeah... check it out. And I apologize that stupid Blogger makes these pictures look unimpressive. But you can come to my house to see the real deal if you like. :]


My brother :) Is weird. :)



My cute family. And parents who have never been inside the awesome contraption known as a photobooth. (And my mom was saying it was so fun that I should get it for my wedding! Whoohoo we have a believer!)



AND... so... I thought the background was just red. And the red did have a great contrasting color but LOOK! They can do ORANGE!! This was for a church event where they busted out the photobooth. AND guess what... orange is in our THEME! Too bad they can't make it green and orange in alternating pictures. hehe. But I don't think the colors pop as much. Tim did say that Beck and I were wearing dark colored clothes... and he liked that it was somewhat a little more... subtle. Orange would fit out theme better!

They even said I could design the logo/name thingie at the bottom so I'm excited to get to do that!

What do you think? Should we go with red or orange? (Or green or whatever color we want.) Have your experiences with photobooths been positive? Especially at weddings? I'm excited. Are you excited? :oP
 

No comments:

Post a Comment