Saturday, January 9, 2010

As of lately...

Here's a random successes (and purchases) progress report!



Yesterday, I randomly picked up this signature frame at Target. I just happened to be walking by the end-of-the-aisle clearance sections and saw this signature frame for $14! I searched online and most are more expensive... so I think (or will just tell myself) I got a great deal. Esp one that doesn't require me to do any work like buying the mat and frame separately. (And it will probably come out costing the same). Having mulled over some other options, I had already predicted we would go this route for the "guestbook" despite some other really cool ideas. So... sweet. Another thing off the list. :]



Two days ago, I also bought our inter-island tickets! Since we're honeymooning in Kauai for 7 days then jetting over to Honolulu for 3, we have to buy inter-island plane tickets! At ~$65/person (including taxes/fees, and we only need them one way since we're flying back to SF out of Honolulu), it is only our first purchase towards our honeymoon! (Thank you Jason and Daddy!)




I've also picked up two hurricane vases for centerpieces. I'm beginning to think the ones I picked up from Ikea may be a bit too tiny. BUT. I will probably just use them anyway and make them work. More volume on top somehow maybe. I will probably need to start making mock ups soon, so I can figure out what supplies I need. Oh! So I got them from Ross, of course haha; one was $5 (glass) and the other was slightly bigger at $6 (thick plastic, looks like glass?) When I went to Target I saw the same $6 thick plastic one for $13! Hah!



My copy of the 30 Day Shred just arrived.  Like an hour ago.  (Looove Amazon Prime)  ;)  Bought it on the recommendation of Beck (not to mention the 4.5 stars by 1,594 reviewers on Amazon was impressive as well).  My brother told me to join a gym, and as I've mentioned before I love the gym actually, but it is definitely a pricey investment.  Worth it if you go all the time, not so much if your work out mood sometimes fluctuates with the weather.  *ahem*  So.  I decided that maybe this would be a good option to explore -- sticking a DVD in and working out at home.  I can do that.  And, it was only $8.99 on Amazon.

Soooo the only big things not done that should be done by now are...
- Bridesmaid dresses (*cringes. Will explain in later post)
- Deciding on the guys' suits
- Figuring out where to print invitations // how to assemble them
- Finding out whether the Condons have decided if they want me to do a hotel room block

Is it June yet? Forget the wedding, I wanna go to Hawaii with my Tiiiiim. :-P I'm sooooo excited.
 

2 comments:

  1. that frame's a rip...try big lots next time. my aaron brothers frames were cheaper than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was at Target today and I saw some picture frames from that brand on clearance. Not sure about sizes... but they were in the back near the vacuums and other domestics. Check it out if you have the chance!

    ReplyDelete