Wednesday, December 9, 2009

aloooooha!

After finding out Tahiti was waaay out of our budget and I didn't want to go to the Bahamas, we considered a cruise since those include lodging AND food and entertainment and transportation kind of, but... while I like cruises it wasn't my first choice.  I wanted to dig my toes in some sand.  :)  So a month or so ago, we decided on Hawaii for our honeymoon. (Hooooooneymoon. :-P I feel like I'm not old enough to go on a honeymoon. haha.)  Since I always go to Oahu and find it rather touristy and city-like, I voted for Maui!  Tim's never been and didn't have much of an opinion on anywhere specific for Hawaii.  So Hawaii was good.  :)

Honeymoon planning and logistics is Tim's responsibility, since he can research and book things online, but a few days ago I started browsing online for airplane tickets and hotels just to get a feel for prices.  My heart kind of sank when I realized how expensive Maui would be... and how much our budget for our honeymoon might not be enough.  Or at least it would get us there and put a roof over our heads, but then... we wouldn't be able to eat, drive around, or do activities.

I quickly looked up cruises to Mexico and those are awesomely priced at about $550 a person and like I mentioned before, it covers pretty much everything you need!  I've been on 2-3 cruises to Mexico and I can't say I'm a big fan of Mexico, but it could be that I was like 12 when I went.  But we could afford it!  And I would be with my honey!  That's what important right?

But the story does not end in Mexico!

Relatives I don't know who give you awesome wedding presents are GREAT!  heheh.  Last night, Tim's cousin offered us a week's stay at his timeshare condo in HAWAII!  :-D  And we took him up on it!  There were three options and we chose Kauai.  So we'll be chillaxing at the Kauai Coast Resort.

I've been to Kauai before briefly (a port on a cruise) and I just remembered there being lots of greenery.  :)  I suppose it IS called the Garden Isle.  We weren't there for very long and we did a really really awesome (but expensive) helicopter ride over the Nā Pali Coast, which is where Jurassic Park was filmed.  I've also heard there isn't much to do there.  haha.  But I'm sure we'll find something to do and find ways to entertain ourselves.  I guess Tim will be bringing his board games.  haha.


Na Pali Coast (Source)

It's okay if it's super green there as long as I get some beach.



Purrrraise God!  What a gift!  Especially when I thought we were not gonna be able to go to Hawaii.  :)  I am also in the works of securing plane tickets w/o having to, um, pay.  haha.  Will let you know how that comes along.  ;)  The condo comes w/ a kitchen so we don't have to eat all our meals out!  (Not that there looks like there are a lot of options, at least listed on the website for nearby resutarants.)  And there is a Costco 17 mins away!  Yay Costco!  :-D

Any crazy relatives/friends gift you w/ something you didn't expect?  Any crazy what-good-timing stories?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment