Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I was going to post about wedding day earrings/jewelry or maybe about new year resolutions (heh), but I'm excited to share our fresh out of the oven map to the venue that will be included in the invitations, made by yours truly!



I made it!  (This version doesn't have the venue address)

This was done using Mrs. Ballet Flat's guidelines to making a map on PowerPoint.  Hah.  I know I know.  I took a whole course on GIS on how to make maps of cities, and I even know how to dabble a little with Photoshop!  But I think it worked out alright.  :oP  I wasn't sure if I knew how to make all them squiggly lines and munipulate some things in Photoshop as well as I do in PowerPoint (since once upon a time I used it for everrrrything, including designing things, with PowerPoint!)

I hope people will still Google/MapQuest/whatever their way to the venue, but that this'll provide a simple sketch of the area.  Alrighties... all the more closer to getting them invitations ready to be printed.  This is still a working draft though I think the bulk of it is done. I'd only may nudge a word over a little or add a few more little, landmarky things.  Perhaps I will go work on the RSVP card junk now.  :]

What do you think?  Do you think this map would help you find the venue?  Compare!

 



And I like this song  :)



Two is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls feat. Taylor Swift
        

No comments:

Post a Comment