Thursday, January 14, 2010

swords! and exercise!

 

"The bride traditionally stands on the left, and the groom on the right. This dates back to medieval times when the groom might need to defend his bride in the middle of the ceremony, and wanted to leave his right hand, his sword hand, free. While few grooms even carry a sword anymore, the tradition has lasted." 

Swords!  Tim and I liked learning about that  :-P  Which is totally not nerdy of us.




And on a completely unrelated note...

                          

I am not a runner.  Nope.  Not at all.  But.  I had inspirations to do the 5K at the 2010 San Francisco Marathon.  But it is at the end of July and I will most likely... not be here.  I know there are plenty of marathons around the States, but I suppose I should back up my inspirations with some training and consistent running before joining marathons of any calibur.  It would be really, really awesome if Tim and I could do this together, but I'm not sure if he'll have the time with impending research doom looming all the time.

As of yesterday, I completed day 5 of the 30 Day Shred, with three days on level 1 and two days on level 2.  Level 1 just kind of gives me a sheen of sweat (and it made me a little sore from unused muscles) but Level 2 gives me the sweatdown, which I really enjoy.  Today I did a two-mile walk (one mile of that uphill), so I haven't decided if I still want to shred today or take a break since the DVD is pretty repetitive.  I'm thinking of cycling through the levels so it's not the same one day after day.  My goal of having some sort of exercise everyday is coming along.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment