Wednesday, January 27, 2010

invitational progress

So.  The invitations should have been shipped TODAY!!  Hopefully.  :]  I wrestled awhile with where to print them.  Cause apparently getting things custom printed is expensive-amundo.  Our inkjet at home could not handle 150 invitations and the quality would've been less than stellar (You.can.see.the.dots!)  So I tried to find a place to print them.

Internet options.  So there a plenty of them out there but too risky for my taste.  VistaPrint might be cheap, but I didn't really trust them to get them "nice looking."  We got our save-the-date postcards there, and those were fine for save-the-dates, but I wanted a touch of class for our invites.  Just a touch.  There are also VistaPrint cousins like 123print.com, overnightprints.com, psprint.com, uprinting.com, and so forth.  Didn't really trust those either.  Got in contact with a local printing company called SFsee and they quoted me $240 plus paper stock.  Yeah... no.  I orginally planned for about $1 per invitation, and I need 150 ish.

So I kind stresssed over this a little bit.  And even thought of ditching the custom design and settling for pre-made invites.  PRE-MADE INVITES.  Gosh.  jk jk.  :oP

So friend V and M from Cornell got married in January, and I had asked them where they got their invitations (which were also custom designed by V) printed, and was told Cornell's printing services!  So I shot an email off and Chad, who became my bff for the week, replied very quickly and threw me the price quote of $67.50.  Yes friends, a mere 45 cents per invitation suite (like invitation + all the other pieces).  And while this transaction was dealt with online, I trust that they will print things correctly and that the quality should be acceptable (and even hopefully nice).  :)  I requested they be shipped to me, which brought the total to $80.  I will need to purchase envelopes and perhaps a few other items to jazz them up, but that still brings the cost per invite to less than a dollar.  Sweeeeet.

Note: I also tried to see if Berkeley would print them but they only do print jobs for Berkeley affiliated people (and you have to have a department to charge things to.)  Boooooo.

I thought about receiving the invites first before getting excited about them but... I can tell you in another post whether they are craptastic or fantastic!  Hopefully they'll arrive sometime at the end of this week.

Now I will go pour over envelopes.  I am torn between Stardream and linen.  <sigh>



I found this crazy video... somewhere.  Haha.  Yeah... our save-the-dates can't compare...  :-P



Enjoy the crazy awesomeness.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment