Saturday, December 12, 2009

chuggachuggachuggachugga toot toot!

Another fantastic centerpiece idea from Steven Curtis Chapman's assistant Grace's blog! (The other idea was the butterflies.)


If we were having a December wedding, I'd totally use these as our centerpieces! Charlie Brown trees! How simple (aka mostly easy and cheap to make) and cute is that. :) (Source)

Sooooo. More progress has been made! We sort of decided on the invitation design! I made all the drafts and sometimes I feel like I don't love the one we chose, but then I did make it, so it's like... ok. hahah. I will have to whip up some RSVP/info/map/accessory cards to go with the invitations, and then get some price quotes on printing, which is the next big hill cause that sounds like an annoying task. You'll have to wait until I send them out to see them though!

My dad will also be gifting us with air travel (no, not freebie tickets,* but NOT stand by! Yay! haha) and select accommodations becauseeeeee after chillaxing in Kauai... we might be hanging out in Hawaii a little longer. ;) More details on that when it all actually is booked, cause I'd hate to give incorrect information. :-P But hallelujah! God is so gracious. It wasn't too big of a deal, but it is a relief to not stare at my Excel sheet wondering where we could gonna squeeze money out for the honeymoon.

It's super early but I'm already trying to work through the ceremony program, so I can figure out how many songs I need so I can pick songs, because my brother's been buggin' me for the set list!  Already.  I suppose I could pick songs now and figure out the program later but... stuff's gotta match, right? :) There have been a few wedding songs I've collected over the years (aka have heard and decided I must have that at my wedding!), but... most if not all have words to them! And I'm looking more for 90% instrumental and maybe one song that Alvin might sing.  So I guess we will see.


* All my life I've had to combat the assumption that I can fly everywhere for free! We don't. Or it's "free" with a price of... possibly not getting on. And the assumption that a geography major must know where every country is and is good with maps. :oP  Silly assumptions!


Find any seasonal inspiration you wish you could use in your wedding?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment