Wednesday, March 31, 2010

share interesting finds day :]


Faux milkglasses!  (Source)

Yesterday, Ruffled Blog posted a DIY project on how to make faux milkglass.  I didn't know what they were until like two months ago (white vases?  ohhh yeah, how pretty)  I have heard that they can sometimes be hard to find.  It's one of those things people collect, and find at Salvation Armys.  I was preeetty impressed with how spray painting some clear glass vases could turn out looking like that!  So if you don't have the time to go hunt for them or they're too expensive, go to Ruffled Blog's post!




I also stumbled on this cool bookcase!  It was an exhibit in London last year by Ron Arad : New Work.  You can check it out here.



I can't decide how I want to do the programs.  Hamburger style.  Hot dog style.  Triangle style.  Trapezoid style.  I have dreams of elaborate, fancy, oh-so-pretty programs, but I know that most people probably won't even keep them.  Which would lead to big sadface!  I wonder if the nicer the program, will the likelihood of people keeping it go up?  Someone go write me an equation!
                                                      

1 comment:

  1. That is such a bad bookshelf! US states are not very book shaped. (And the Minnesota one is empty!)

    Number of people who will keep the program:
    [cost+(hours spent)^2]*(quality of food at reception)*(artistic ability) = 3 +/- 1 (you, your parents and your grandparents)

    ReplyDelete