Though who knows, maybe if I actually did them, I might not enjoy them. I don't know if I'd like to do these as a full time job, but like I said, hobby-jobs. (However, I wouldn't complain about getting any of them as a job!)
I didn't realize I'd get so wordy about 'em, so I've decided to split them into four segments!
(Source)
Dream hobby #1: Wedding Planner
I like to think of myself as having a type A personality but with a type B approach. :oP So I pay attention to details, but I try not to be too rigid about it. (And I think this will be put to the test with marriage. :oP) But I love planning parties and events and gatherings! Just ask my friends. I've never done like a well organized big party, but I itch to try! Also, if I'm planning an event with another person, I have a tendency to try not to take over (that's a good thing right?) but then the vision or plan ends up being trying to accomodate everyone's ideas.
Some days I get so frusted with all the planning, and Tim's like, " I guess you don't want to be a wedding planner anymore," but I think it's different with your own wedding! I think it's cause I'm working with OUR money and trying to get the best deals and stuff. AND it was my first time dabbling in the wedding industry. I think it'd somehow be easier if someone says, "I want this and this" and I go do it.
One of my biggest concerns now is executing set up and basically, the day of coordination for our wedding. I would LOVE to go take pictures, change out of my gown, help do all the set up, then change back and go get married. :oP Instead of trying to convey that vision to someone else, who will try their hardest, but things just may not end up looking like the way I planned. But I promised myself that will most likely happen and I will [try to] go with the flow! I definitely don't want to be one of those brides who regret their wedding (it's about the marriage ladies!) and only remember the things that went wrong.
Maybe my credentials will increase exponentially after I get married. And I can try my skills at some friend's wedding. :-P
*I'm organized, attentive to details (before and during the wedding), and will try my best to accomplish YOUR vision!* :oP
Do you have any dream hobbies/jobs?

you can plan my wedding... though i suppose i gotta find a guy first :P
ReplyDeletei too have fears of the wrong vision happening! i actually haven't hired a doc for that very reason (well, and money). i still havent figured out what I'm going to do about the whole thing..*sigh*, can i hire you? lol.
ReplyDelete