Wednesday, March 3, 2010

sprinkles make everything better


Aren't these cute?  In a happy plaid Skittles sort of way?  (Source)

Is March not bridal season or something?  Today I went to San Francisco's Downtown Macys.  Which is like.  Shoes galore.  Practically a whole entire floor for shoes.  But guess what?  I couldn't find a single pair I remotely liked!  NONSENSE.  And I don't think I'm even that picky.  They hardly had any white/ivory/bridal-looking shoes at all.  And when I asked a salesperson or two, they're like, "Nope we don't have bridal shoes.  Maybe try Nordstorm."  It's never good when they start referring you to their competitors.  o_O  So I made like 4 rounds around the shoes departmet, considered silver, charcoal, gold, but nothing worked.  Nothing in orange that wasn't patent-leather shiny either.  :(  Overall, it was a very disappointing shoe trip to what I thought would be the mother load shoe store.  Guess I will have to keep trying.  I NEED to get shoes because I take my dress in for alterations and yah... time's a ticking and them three months are countin' down!

So I went to go look at boots instead.  :-P  They were having a big sale!  I don't own any boots, and I believe it is one "accessory" that prevents me from looking somewhat-grown up during winter months when it's sometimes too cold to wear flats.  Found a black pair I really liked but it was too big.  :(  Too bad.  But yeah, there's a boot sale at Macy's if you're interested.  (Oh, and I just found out there's a shoe sale at Nordstorm as well.)

In terms of productive good things, I put down the deposit for flowers!  So that's done.  :]  I also got in contact with my MOH's make up artist (MUA).  I didn't love her work when I was my MOH's bridesmaid, but I think we turned out alright in the pictures.  Now she's even offering airbrushing, and her rates are butt kicking affordable, so... I'm game. :oT  It's like paying for the price of one person that other MUAs charge, but getting four faces done.  :oT  I will chalk it up to a good deal and be done with it. 

I ALSO put 10 invites in the mail.  :-P  Wanted to make sure they traveled through our delightful USPS system okay before I send out all of them.

I will probably tie more ribbons today, stuff more invites, and go shred in a little bit.  :]



OH.  I discovered that I really like making cupcakes, and just added two cupcake pans to our registry.  haha  :]  (Cupcakes FOR other people.  Cause otherwise they're counterproductive to shredding  :oP)

Speaking of cupcakes and birthdays... Bee @ BP Wedding is giving away a 16 x 20 Canvas Print courtesy of UPrinting Promotional Printing.  Go HERE to check it out and to enter to win!

PS - Thanks for all (3, haha) cheery comments on my downer post  :]  Appppreciate it!

Have you recently discovered something you enjoy doing?
                           

3 comments:

  1. i will email you the recipe for the cream cheese frosting. i'm making red velvet cupcakes tomorrow :)

    i have a pair of white shoes if you want to take a look at it... i can like take a pic of it or something haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cupcakes look delicious..mmm! and that's insane there were no white shoes at giant-macys..

    ReplyDelete