Saturday, March 20, 2010

thinking outside of the box

Progress! Today was also a beautifully sunny day and I managed to get my butt outside for a very short run of 1.2 miles (on very hilly streets though). Then I did the Moraga mosaic stairs TWICE... which is 163 steps x 2! Which my knees are paying for now. :( I guess I was still remotely sore from the other fantastic run at Kezar earlier this week, and today's hilly trot did not help at all.

I've also discovered the hill right outside my house has 5-stars based on 105 reviews on Yelp! I should utilize the hill more often. And definitely put it on the list to take people to -- out of towners or not! It provides quite a spectacular view.

I also finally got pics from our ghetto-engagement-shoot #2 in December when Tim was here for Christmas. :] The pics are nice, but I am not fond of how I look in many of them, so I may or may not share them. :oP Maybe next week I'll put out a few.


And... here's a small sample of pics from a Water Balloon Engagement session on RuffledBlog:

The lighting on the middle picture, where the exploded water balloon is ridiculously bright is awesome.  (Source)

I'm not usually drawn to like... "themed" shoots, but I kinda liked this one. Like I could admire the colorful -round-balloons trend, but I don't think I'd want to do that. And this I feel falls slightly into the balloon camp, but like... different and slightly out of the box (which is the part I like).

Then there was the ultra cool, ultra outside of the box underwater engagement shoot!

Now that is awesome, and what thinking outside of the box means! They got clothes from a Salvation Army (or something like it) and jumped right into the pool they grew up swimming in!  (Source)

It'd be cool if we or Herman could come up with a cool idea to roll with for the pro shoot (Yeeehaw, we're getting a pro shoot!) :]  We had discussed doing the shoot at Golden Gate Park since it's so versatile in terms of textures, colors, and variety, but something different would be cool yeah?  Maybe not internet viral out of the box, but something new!  Though when I sent him a link of the underwater shoot, all he said was, "i won't stop you if you wanted a picture jumping into the lake in GG Park :)"  Not what I had in mind.  :(

Got any cool engagement session ideas?  Think really hard.
                                     

1 comment:

  1. eww i wouldn't jump in that lake either >.>"

    i love that underwater shoot though, they are like, mermaids or something! :)

    hmm...cool e photos in gg park..sadly, all i can think of right now is costumes. like, hippie costumes..ohhgg. not the most creative monday for me.

    ReplyDelete