Monday, January 4, 2010

that's a latta fat!

You know what's a really effective diet plan? Finding out how many calories and grams of fat your favorite foods contain! Yay.

So on my short stint to LA, I discovered lattes. Yes, yummy delicious lattes with lots of foamy milk. When I ordered it, I thought it was coffee and lots of foamy milk. My bad. Instead of good 'ole regular coffee, Lisa informed me it's a shot of expresso. Wheeeee! But it was delicious and I was tired and all was good and well.

Today, I found myself at Starbucks again and once again decided to get this delicious latte. Then Gabriel grabbed a copy of the Starbucks beverage nutrition information. Bad move. We (which also included Karen, Charlene, and.... Dennis who was more interested in his lunch, I think) looked through it and I don't think I'll be drinking lattes anymore. Which is probably good for my bridal diet, which so far has the constraint of... try to eat real food. (Away with you, delicious Kimchee bowls! Omgosh... 2020mg of Sodium?! See... finding out nutrition information = diet plan!)

So here are some abbreviated stats for the coffee courtesy of Starbucks' nutritional info:


Brewed coffee (tall)
Calories 5
Total Fat 0g
Caffeine 260mg



Caffe Latte (tall)
Calories 150
Total Fat 6g
Caffeine 75mg

I also have to consider the factor that I add sugar to both of those items, plus milk to the brewed coffee.  So yeah... I think I'll go back to my brewed coffee. Easier on the calories and easier on the wallet as well! Though I suppose the caffeine content was kind of surprise, it being a "shot of espresso" and all. I've thought about getting cafe au laits (or caffe misto at Starbucks) but really... that's just a weird middle road cause it's 110 calories, 4g of total fat, and 150 mg of caffeine.  It has also just occured to me that I could get a non-fat latte. Hm.  haha.  I wonder if it won't taste as fatty delicious though.  I guess I could find out next time.

Anyway, I'm not having a cow over 150 calories but every little bit of not drinking 150 calories helps right? I am definitely trying to eat better and (hopefully, hopefully) work out more before the big day. I actually love working out, but sometimes the motivation to get out the door is... difficult (especially when it's too cold outside... or too hot... or just too much trouble). But... there'll be lots of eyes lookin' my way and pictures taken on that day, and I heard I'm suppose to get nekkid (just kidding kids, just kidding. we're just gonna play checkers and watch tv after the wedding) and our honeymoon is in Hawaii. HAWAII! Where one is suppose to wear small waterproof clothing! Yeah, that should be motivation enough. So yeah... the whole now-it's-actually-2010 thing should hopefully knock some determination into me and remind me that time's a ticking!

When are you going to go work out? Can I come? What are your best exercising motivations? What are your favorite extra-sizing, I mean, exericising routines?



PS - Today I also realized that I giggle like a school girl when I talk to Tim on the phone. {sigh}
   

3 comments:

  1. i told you that years ago... all girls do that... they have a "bf voice" HAHA

    i nearly barfed out what i was eating when i read "nekkid"... please don't, EVER AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you seen the nutritional info for your mc nuggets? you should go look. =)

    also, i told you the same thing about your timmy voice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love coffee. i should buy starbucks stock.

    also, i have been liking the 30 day shred with jillian michaels. i've been doing it 3x a week for over a month now. i guess if i did it every day i'd lose weight, but for now i'm maintaining and my muscles are definitely getting stronger. i highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete