Thursday, December 31, 2009

"With this ring...

...I thee wed: with my body I thee worship: and with all my worldly goods I thee endow. In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen."

So here's the scoop on the rings!  As mentioned before, they are from iWeddingBand.com, purchased with a sweet little 10% off (and free shipping).  They arrived in double envelope-bags and in these velvety red boxes:


They're so smooth... I could sit and pet them all day  {pet pet}



With the rings inside!  My ring is on the left, Tim's on the right!

My ring is 3mm while my engagement ring is 2mm.  So we thought that maybe I should get a 2mm band so it would match with my e-ring a little better.  However, iWeddingBand doesn't carry anything thinner than 3mm in palladium.  :(  We've discussed getting platinum or even with diamonds all around. hehe.  But I think I will probably just keep it as is and I will get used to the look in time!  (Not that it looks bad to begin with.)  I orginally wanted the band to sit on the outside (who cares about them "traditions"!) to ensure that my "more expensive" e-ring would not accidently slip off!  But the band looks nicer on the inside with the bling sitting on top, so I guess I'll be traditional anyway.  :oP  The palladium is surprisingly light, and the comfort-fit is very comfortable.  :]  I appreciate that since I think my platinum e-ring has enough heft to it.

They are nice!  But I don't know if either of us love them.  Tim says his is "fine."  :-P  I don't know if "fine" is good enough for forever!  I guess we can talk about it some more.

Do you think we should just keep them?  Or keep looking/discussing?  Do you have any interesting jewelry stories? 




Like this:


I bought this ring that said "When you have faith..." on the outside and "anything is possible" on the inside, and I thought it was the coolest ring ever. However, one time, I wore it to Bible study at Crossroads and then when I went home, it was no longer on my finger! Tim had the key to the place then, so we went back the next day (since I kept insisting that it wasn't important to go back the same night) to look for it, especially around the couch where I sat. But we could not find it. They of course sell this ring everywhere, so I could've gotten a replacement, but I got it on sale at Macy's for $10 and I haven't seen such a good deal on it anyway. :oP
                                           


I seem to be good at losing rings since I've lost TWO wave rings, the first, that I got from Australia was "suppose to be" my True Love Waits ring, and the second one a replacement for the first.)

 Ok, now you go.  :]
     

1 comment: