So I've been browsing iWeddingBand.com since a few Bees have recommended it. The prices seem very reasonable and we're not looking for anything fancy, so their selection seems to suffice. They also have free engraving, free 30 day returns, and free shipping to you and back. On the weekends, I always see a 5% off deal posted on the front page and I JUST received an email for 10% off. :-D Seems like a sound plan, yeah?
Our current dilemmna, which we plan to solve tonight, is this: 14k white gold or palladium?
14k white gold
Pros: Both rings together = $100 less than palladium, engravable
Cons: It become yellow over time and having to replate them
Palladium
Pros: Color of platinum but roughly the price of gold, won't become yellow and won't have to replate
Cons: Not engravable! :(
I think we've decided to get MATCHING bands. :-D I think it's cute. :) I think I'd like the half round comfort fit, though I'm thinking we could order the milgrain one too to see if Tim likes that since he does not have shiny bling to park his against. :)
This is the 3mm half round comfort fit palladium, though the picture on the website for the palladium and 14k white gold look exactly the same. If we get matching bands, I'd get a 3mm and Tim would get a 4mm. (Source)
I was orginally thinking of palladium for myself since my engagement ring is platinum, and palladium is naturally white and will also develop that hazy, brushed texture like platinum. If I got white gold, it might be slightly unsightly for one ring to yellow while the other doesn't. However, I didn't realize early on that they do not engrave palladium and I think I've always thought I'd get an engraved ring! (Like before I even met Tim :oP I always thought it was a very sweet thing.) But as many things with this wedding, they are not always as I've pictured. :) But I don't know if this is one of those things we'd have to give up, since we do have the option of white gold. But then I think I like palladium better. Hmm.
So, 14k white gold or palladium? What do you think of our pros and cons list? Have you gotten white gold replated? Is it a hassel? Should I get palladium to match my e-ring, and forgo sweet words written for forrrrever? :-P

palladium or some exotic alloy would be cool
ReplyDelete