Anyway, after debating over whether we wanted 14k wedding bands or palladium, we made a decision! We are going with the palladium! Tim was good with both, and I wanted my band to mostly somewhat match my engagement ring, so palladium it was! And, I found out that you can engrave palladium, it's just that iweddingband.com doesn't offer that service. So, if we really really want engraving, we can get it done elsewhere. :] They say they'll ship in a week (whyyy so looong) and estimated delivery is Dec 24th! Eeks! I hope they make it here in time for Tim to try his ring on. If not, it'll be a pain in the butt to send it to him and have him send it back (which will be difficult for him to get around to doing because of his impending doom, I mean conference paper deadline). So. Yes Lord, please get it here on time. Or earlier.
Whoooot. Another thing done. Wow, we're just really checking things off here, aren't we? :-P Now if only I can decide on bridesmaids dresses and get the invtations finished off, we're basically ready to get married, yeah? :)
An interesting post the other day from Miss Guinea Pig about a surprise wedding where this couple turned their engagement party into their actual wedding! Since we're checking off all these big items, I think it's easy to get a little anxious. Like we're reeeeeady, common' common', is it time yet? Prettttty much a grown up, "ARE WE THERE YET?" We only had a year long engagement which seems not too short or too long, though sometimes it seems longer than necessary! I used to make fun of um.... the white folks (I'm marrying a white guy, I can say that right?) and how they have short engagements! But now I realize... the white folks got it right! I'm sure I could have gotten everything done in 6 months, and maybe it would've been good cause then you don't worry about stupid, unimportant things like the details (haha). I have taken my time with some things, since I could. We seriously considered the idea of moving the wedding to February but we decided it would be easier to keep it as it is... for logistical reasons... academic reasons... and really, I'm not all that excited to be moving back to Ithaca IN FEBRUARY. :-P (Which is like one of the coldest months there.) It was more of a "we want to and we could..." but we don't have to. And besides... our green and orange color scheme might be a little weird in February. :]
Do you ever feel like you are just ready to go, even though it's months before your wedding? Do you think short or long engagements are better? Has being engaged or married changed your perspective on how long you thought engagements should be?


No comments:
Post a Comment