Tuesday, December 8, 2009

cutesy whewtsy

So. If you didn't know this already. And if you aren't a pretentious, snobby shopper. Ross. Is. Awesome. haha. So a month or two ago... close to when I announced we had a cutie flowergirl, I found this cute little dress at Ross. (And it was also the same time I decided I wanted to have daughter(s) so I could dress them in these cutesy dresses. All the time.)



It's ivory, with a poofy skirt. It's $13. CAN you BELIEVE it? But I think I bought it too big at 3T, and our flowergirl will be younger than 2 years old come next May. AND... it was ivory... and if I wanted a mini me (hehe), we'd get her a white dress. So after talking with her mommy, we decided to keep looking. So I returned it.

Then this past weekend when coat hunting with Steph, I happened upon the cute little girls dress section at the Ross downtown. And found TWO super cute dresses. :-D




Very bridal, dontchathink? It's white and has that tulle stuff on the bottom, so I think it'd sort of match mine. I think the sparklies on the front are super cute. But for some reason, it seems VERY big (for a 2T). I guess we'll have to have her try it on and see. And oh, this was $15. :)




I think this one is very spring like. The embroidery and little flowers are delightful. :] Can't you picture a cute little girl skipping on the grass? :-P This is one is smaller (than the white dress) though it says it's a 2T and I think will actually fit her better. And this one was only $10. :D I also considered replacing the pink flowers with orange ones but I decided that might make the dress not cute anymore. :-P

So. You may be wondering why I have two dresses and why they are so different? Well, when I found both of them, I couldn't (and still haven't) decide(d) on whether I want our flowergirl to match me, in a poofy white dress, or whether to be a little more casual and match the bridesmaids. So I don't know what the bridesmaids are wearing yet, but seriously... she'll be so cute, no one will care whether her dress is the same shade of green as the bridesmaids.  I also think she might be able to rewear the green one a little more often than the white one.  (Thinking of rewear-able-ness for our flowergirl!  How considerate of me.  :oP)

I think it's just fabulous that these gorgeous dresses are SO cheap. Since kids grow up so fast and don't wear poofy white dresses very often, it'd be silly to pay so much money for a fancy dress.

Which dress do you like better?  Do you think it'd be cuter if the flower girl matched me or the bridesmaids?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment