So a few days ago, I decided to purchase the Martha Stewart Tissue Paper Flower Bouquet Kit.
Walmart supposedly carries it but it was unavailable so I went looking around on the internet for it. The cheapest I found was on
Ebay for $6.99 + $2.43 S&H for a total of $9.42, which is just about the same price as Walmart. (Click on the Ebay link if you want to purchase. The seller has like 10 more. Smooth transaction and speedy delivery!)
It. Is. Pretty. Easy. :-P Except this one flower that keeps giving me grief. :-P I started soon after receiving my kit in the mail and have made about 9 flowers. The kit allows you to make 24 flowers.
Everything included in the kit (
Source)
Miss Kitten
provides a review, additional pictures and demonstrations of this kit! Here are my pictures of my efforts:
My first flower, half fluffed
Fluffed! A carnation, I believe.
This was my favorite one cause it's the prettiest. Or most delicate lookin' perhaps. They even come with male sex organs, I mean
stamens. :-P
My progress so far. :)
I purchased the kit thinking I could learn how to make them from the pros (instead of guessing from tutorials online) and then get some orange tissue paper and make my own. But currently, I am unsure what I'd use them for. :-P I don't think I'd want to carry a paper bouquet and I think the guys would squish it if their bouts were made of paper. :) Sooo maybe table decorations?
What do you think of them? Any ideas for what I can use the paper flowers for?
No comments:
Post a Comment