Monday, October 26, 2009

story time!



Today I went out for a run around the neighborhood and like usual, I finish it by climbing the pretty moasic Moraga stairs (to head home, I gotta go uphill someway right?)  Using the adrenaline from the run, I usually skip steps on the first few shorter segments. But then halfway up, I realized I'm RIGHT behind this couple that was walking up slowly, holding hands. So I stop and pretend to take a breather (ok, I probably could have used the "breather") to give more room between me and them. All the while I'm thinking "oh how cute, a little lovey dove Sunday afternoon stroll" while I'm climbing up the stairs with my fat and sweat. Lovely. Then I silently chuckle at the fact this young ABC looking couple were wearing their black North Face jackets... on what would be catagorized as a sunny and farily warm day in San Francisco! So I check to see if they've made progress towards the top, but they had stopped to take pictures. However, I wasn't sure if they were just taking pictures, if they were going to turn back around, or if they were going to just stop there, so I proceeded to pass them. But since I saw them taking pictures of the stairs, I offered to take one of them! (Because I personally appreciate a non-stretched out arm self portrait from time to time). So I open my big mouth to offer and then realize it's Carolyn Hom and her boyfriend. :oP She introduces me to him; I apologize for being a sweaty mess and offer again to take the picture, which they accept. I thought it was a pretty good picture. :-P Then I wave and give nice departure greetings and hurry up the stairs. The hope is that enough stair-climbing will give me a great booty by next May.  Mmmhm.

--- - --- -- --- - --- -- --- - --- -- --- - --- -- --- - --- -- --- - --- --

If I was having a blue-green wedding color scheme, I'd totally throw my flowergirl in this:


Not very bridal-y but so very cute.  Can you imagine the halter top over a short little neck and cute chubby arms stretching out?  :)  (Source)
  
--- - --- -- --- - --- -- --- - --- -- --- - --- -- --- - --- -- --- - --- --

Oh!  And I'm happy to report that the guestlist is basically DONE.  (Early!)  As in... everyone has at least an email or address to their name.  Mainly for the Condon side I guess.  haha.  A thank you to brother John for putting up with my minimal pestering for emails of people and to Tim's ma for putting up with polite but more frequent pestering for emails and/or addresses and clarifications.  (Ok... it was like FOUR emails.  Total.  Over the course of months.  About guest lists and addresses.  It was legit.)
   

4 comments:

  1. wow pretty! where are those stairs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stairs are aweeeeesome....why didn't I get to see them when I visited???

    ReplyDelete
  3. John said...
    it was nothing. The emails I gave you probably don't even work! :D

    Maybe your bride's maids could wear the polka-dot dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, but i'm gonna have to vote No on those dresses. i don't have a short neck or cute chubby arms.

    ReplyDelete