Sunday, October 4, 2009

registry

The registry. Is. Kind of. A Joke. hahaha. Okay, only to me, maybe. :oP But really... ok, don't tell anyone, but... we don't really need anything. (That is not an invitation to come empty handed... haha just kidding. We are not inviting people to give us gifts, but to celebrate with us!) At least not right now we don't need anything. Tim's apartment is quite well furnished and he has (we have) like 20 glasses, 10 big plates, 10 little plates, 10 bowls, 5 mugs, plenty of silverwear, a rice cooker, a toaster oven, a microwave, a bread maker, plenty of towels, enough sheets, and more... In fact, I think it'll be quite cozy already, esp if I move in! And did I mention the moving across country part? I do not have space in my luggage for 50 pounds of kitchen appliances.



The "must have" kitchen appliance that is on like EVERYONE's registry (Source)

* Can we put the registry items on hold until we like... get a house... some odd years from now? THAT's when we need nice new stuff! *

AND. So... Mrs Joey talked about this here, and I TOTALLY agree. Why are we registering for $25-dollar-towels when I can get SIX of them for $25 at Ross or some store like that? Most of the time, I'm a bargin shopper. Half out of necessity (I don't have a money tree!), half out of the fun of finding a good deal, and the third half (I know I know, good thing Tim will be teaching our kids math) out of... why waste money when I don't have to...? o_O

Sometimes it's not even about being cheap or anything... but just... why do we need so much... STUFF, you know? Or why are we wasting our money on these things?  As if ours lives weren't cluttered enough already. I'd much rather have the money to spend wisely on things we do need (toilet paper anyone?) and even use the money to serve others, whether it's through giving to a charity or like cooking dinner for people.

But of course we don't want like 8 sets of different plates that don't match and that we can't return and probably won't carry across country with us... so we have set up the registry. To hopefully, make things easier for people. We would like all the things we put on there, but might not necessarily purchase ourselves. (That's what a registry is good for right? Other people buy you things?) But I really would like that Wii... and Wii Fit... and Rock Band... I sound like such a video game junkie. But that's why Tim likes me right? :)

Anyway. The registry has been fun and kind of annoying/difficult at the same time... Depends what mood I'm in.  And how much I feel a waste of time it is.  Because it'd just be so much easier to say... "Just give us money!"  haha.  Not rude at all.  :oP


This was too cute not to put on our registry. (It's a sushi dish)  Even though it's 100% unnecessary! :oD  (Source)

Do you think your registry is/will be a source of joy and fun (like shopping without having to pay for stuff) or a preventive measure for mismatched plateware?
   

1 comment:

  1. WHAT?! So you just wasted my time by telling me all the stuff you put on your registry is uneccessary? Well, at least I read this so I'm not wasting my money. =P

    ReplyDelete