Wednesday, October 28, 2009

God's color palette

We were inspired here and here before... now here is more inspirationssssss.

Is it possible to have too much inspiration?  o_O

Sometimes I feel like I had more of an idea of what I wanted before I saw SO many different kinds of flowers.  But I think while I like different kinds, maybe more kinds than before, I am still drawn to certain compositions of bouquets.  :)  *whew*




I think I really like tulips. In general. But I'd be too concerned about them blooming too much and/or wilting and stuff cause it'll be outdoors and hopefully warm...  (Source)



I like how the roses are two-tonal, and especially how the red fringes of the roses match the colors of the lilies!  (I think those are lilies....)  (Source)



So small, so simple, so cute.  I wasn't planning on having floral centerpieces but this seems easy enough!  Maybe I can have a few.  :)  And I especially have been fond of using leaves to line the vase.  It's not really happening in this picture, but it has the same full-green-leafy-vase feel.  (Does anyone know what I'm talking about....?)  (Source)

Minus the last centerpiece picture, I noticed most of my inspiration today has a touch of red hue to the orange flowers!  What do you think?  Should I go for a blend of colors or go for straight wowpowinyourface ORANGE flowers?

--------------------------------------------------

Since we're talking about flowers here.  A follow up thought on that article I found about how men should buy their woman flowers and my proclamation of cheap, I mean affordable, graden bunches from Trader's Joes...

So.  To clarify.  It was in the context of men buying their woman flowers RANDOMLY.  Hence the $5.99 bunch from Trader's Joes that a guy could pick up after work before he goes home!  :-P  Not like everyday or every week.  Once in awhile.  Make it random.  A surprise.  Maybe I'm a naive romantic... but... but... that's what I think is romantic!  Ok maybe it's the concept... of something (doesn't have to be flowers) with no occasion (not birthday, anniversary, etc) to display love, affection, and appreciation.  :)

I know not everyone thinks so.  But I like doing little random things for my man.  (I hope he likes them...)  People like my mom for instance, while she appreciates flowers would rather you take her out to lunch for $6 than for you to buy her flowers.  And don't worry, this isn't really a hint hint to Tim cause he doesn't come here very often.  :-P  I'm probably just "preaching" to the one guy reader that I'm aware I have...  hehe.  :)

Are you the kind of person who likes receiving random gifts or flowers, and find them heartfelt gestures?  Or are you more Asian practical and think flowers are a waste of money?
   

2 comments:

  1. i used to always say i hate flowers and its such a waste of money and all you do is look at them any maaaybe smell them IF u think flowers smell good at all... but now, i kinda wished i got them. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "he doesn't come here very often," hmm? I'll just have to show you good! =P

    ReplyDelete