Monday, October 5, 2009

LDR

In a sea of strange disease-like sounding wedding acronyms (STDs? --> Save the Dates) long distance relationships are often referred to as LDRs. And I must say, long distance sucks. We sort of did it last summer for three loooong months. And now... I haven't seen Tim since the end of July so it's been about two months but it feels sooooo long. :( And I probably won't see him until Christmas. And probably only for a week, if that long. { sadface }

 
So close, yet so far...  (Source)

But Tim's been REALLY good about calling everynight :) I try to send mail often. (I think snail mail is more fun, ok?) :oP  Neither helps translate hugs very well though  :(  But it's definitely making us work on our communication skills... cause all you got are words.  And some love.  Love helps.

I decided to come home for the year to hang out with my mom and help out around home (especially with the grandparents who have a gazillion doctors appointments all the time) before I go and get hitched. My grandma had cardio/leg surgery and was in rehab for like two months (she just got out today!) and my grandpa had cateract surgery last week. And if you're the praying kind, please pray for my mom, who's due for another surgery (new brain cancer growth) on Oct 12th. So lots to help out with, and quite timely I guess.

I would otherwise say that a year engagement is totally unneccesary (as in too long!)  :oP  (So this is why white people get married so quickly!  haha jk jk, love you white people!)  But like I mentioned in like the first post of this blog... scheduling a wedding sooner was more difficult due to Tim's school/research/work stuff.  But it's definitely helped that I'm planning for a wedding and knowing that there is an end to the long distance!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment