Saturday, October 3, 2009

OOT bags that won't be :(

So... there are these things called "out of town" (OOT) bags. You pack 'em with information on nearby attractions, wedding day schedules, maps of the city, etc... and then maybe some snacks and water and give 'em to your out of town guests. Simple enough yeah?  Many people have come up with super creative ways to decorate their OOT bags.  (Which I am too lazy to link you all to right now... so you should click on WeddingBee's wiki article on OOT bags and there are some links at the very bottom.)

I think my relatives and a handful of guests, all our Ithaca friends, and basically all the Condon guests are out of towners... (though not all the Condon guests are coming)... but it'd be a lot of bags... and an expense we do no really need... BUT. I've THOUGHT about them and I wanted to do them... so here are the OOT bags that won't be.  I would've had so much fun buying snackies from Costco and making little love packs.  :]

So in Ithaca (and the NorthEast) there are these grocery stores called Wegmans. They're quite the excellent grocery store and they sell like... everything, and they're really big. So with the latest trend of being planet concious, they've issued their own large with sturdy handles, reusable grocery bags. And I think they are... the prettiest bags ever.. at 99 cents each!  I mean... sometimes plain paper gift bags cost 99 cents a piece!  And those rip and stuff... so these could be useful for guests to carry souvenirs they buy in the City or fold flat and put in their luggage to reuse when they get home!  Brilliant eh?  ;)


Grapes!  When I went to visit my favorite Tim in July, I bought one as a trial.  Just to see how they stood up to groceries and stuff.  Well... okay, I just wanted one.  :-P  (Source)


Tomato! The colors are so vibrant!  (Source)


Green Pea! They look better in person actually.  My grapes one looks like painted art.  (Source)
  
If you were going to be an out of town guest to a wedding... would you appreciate the thought of an OOT bag?
  

1 comment:

  1. I want one!! Can I have the grape one? It looks tastiest.

    ReplyDelete