Friday, October 16, 2009

one for Friday!

CNN article: "Why Real Men DO Buy Women Flowers"  That's right.  Buy your woman flowers.  :)

I love the story of how the writer's father, on his deathbed, had ordered a birthday gift for his wife -- that arrived minutes after his death.  Stories of how after the husband passes, but the wife still receives flowers on her birthday or little notes in her pockets are always so touching to me.  (I belieeeeve this caters to one of my love languages.  haha.)

A snippet:
"And that's what flowers are, just a simple, easy way of letting someone know they were in your thoughts. That's it. It's not complicated. Flowers announce: out of sight, still in my mind and heart. It is unerringly human to want to know that someone is thinking about you when you are not around. 

I think women, especially, worry that all men have short attention spans and for the most part -- Oh hey! When did I buy this can of beans? -- it's not an unfounded anxiety. I know I've forgotten things like birthdays (spring?), anniversaries (Tuesday?) and eye color (mostly white?).

But if a man is in love, he carries that love under his skin like a nerve."

Hehe, "mostly white?"  I hope my Timmy carries his love for me under his skin like a nerve.  ;)
 

1 comment:

  1. at least you're asian, so the eye color thing shouldn't be a problem. so you finished reading your love book?! didn't i help you take that quiz?

    ReplyDelete