Friday, October 2, 2009

guestbooks!

So... the guestbook is definitely not a priority.  :-P  People won't go hungry if there's no guestbook... they might not even realize they didn't have to scrawl their illegible signature somewhere.  But!  I've seen a couple cute ideas that I could consider doing.



From Snippet and Ink: a guestbook with ticket stubs and receipts from dating life!  How cute  :)  This appeals to me cause I like to save EVERYTHING short of tissues Tim blew his nose on.  :oP  Little notes on scraps of paper, cards (I love cards), postcards, etc.  So this would be a cute place to put them all... esp with a lot of potential moving... it'd be better to have it in a book of memories.  I could even just tape the real ticket stubs and receipts in!  And good to grab and go in a fire... though I suppose there are more important things to grab in a fire than your memory/guestbook.  :-P  (Source)



Guestbook calendar! USEFUL! I like useful things. :) This way we can stare at pictures of OURSELVES with signatures of our guests all year round. :) This site makes it for ~$15 and you can do this kind of stuff at Shutterfly or Snapfish or any photo place really for $20. (Source)



I've always liked the frame idea too.  (Source)

Any other cool suggestions?  We also might do a photobooth... so there's always incorporating the pictures people take into some sort of guestbook... but I don't really want to have guests coordinate their pictures with a message or do arts and crafts at the wedding.  The young folks might indulge us but the older folks (like when my folks go to other people's weddings!) will probably skip it.  Easy peasy (but cool and creative) is the way to go for us!  haha  :)
   

2 comments:

  1. I have a traditional guestbook with the lines and everything if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you're a pack rat just like me... its nice to know i'm not the only one lol

    ReplyDelete