Tuesday, March 16, 2010

for the run!

0.9 mile walk from home to the post office
0.7 mile walk from post office to Kezar Stadium
1.5 (?) mile run around Kezar

(Google Maps)

I got there only to discover that there was some middle school track meet going on on the track (which is the yellow line).  I knew they were middle schoolers because they were tiny, loud, and obnoxious.  :oP

So I ended up running four laps on the outter concrete path, which is outlined in red.  It's a whole lot bigger!  And there were inclines and declines!  And I did four, non-stop laps!  Which might not be a lot for some people, but for the girl who couldn't run for 5 minutes straight in middle school, AND for someone who hasn't run in like... {ahem} a year, this is great!  :]

It was also a lovely, warm warm day. I was kind of worried since I so awesomely inherited the sweat-a-lot gene that I'd get unpleasantly hot and sweaty, but I surprisingly didn't rain sweat, and no wheezing either!  (I used to wheeze a lot when running.)

My knees are hurtin' though.  And I'm preeeetty sure I'll be quite sore tomorrow.  But it was a good run!  (Trot?)  haha.

If four laps around the yellow is a mile, how far is four laps around the red?
          

3 comments:

  1. much much longer! what is that, like 1.5 times the diameter of the inner circle? that would be 1.5 miles if it were a circle..but it's an oval..lol.

    i can't run at all. so good for you! and it's a lot harder to run on concrete than on a track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lets see... the measuring tool in Google Earth tells me one lap on the outside is 0.40 miles... so you did 1.60 miles. Good job! I can't even get myself outside to run. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew my engineers would come through for me! "much much longer" and "0.40 miles" are great answers! haha.

    And now I know there's a measuring tool in Google Earth. :]

    ReplyDelete