Tuesday, March 23, 2010

engagement shoot #2!

We did a second engagement shoot with Aaron Wong, a friend of a friend's, whom I also knew from high school. He took us to the Legion of Honor for them tall columns and then briefly to Baker's Beach.











All photos courtesy of Aaron Wong

We felt slightly less awkward for this shoot (can you tell?  haha) since we had some practice with the first shoot.  And Aaron was able to provide more verbal directions on how to pose, so that was helpful.  So hopefully by our third shoot, coupled with the fact that Herman can professionally guide us on how not to look as stupid, we should be pros!  ;]

Oh!  So there's a girl who's breaking into the photography business whom I knew from Chinese class at UCLA just offered a complimentary engagement session in LA. ARRRRRRgh. REALLY? IN LA? We just paid for Herman to fly up... so I doubt it'd be efficient for us to fly down to LA to do another free shoot. BOOO. But even though it seems she just started, her work is pretty nice. Clean, soft and romantic, and with a dreamy touch (but not so dreamy that it's excessively blurry).


How long does it take for pro pics to come back?  While I understood Aaron was doing this for fun and has like a job and life and all that, I got reeeeally antsy after the shoot for about a month, and then kinda gave up on seeing them. It was a lot easier to deal with the waiting that way. :oP  So I'm hoping after the wedding, the honeymoon and moving to the East Coast process will make me forget to be antsy for the pictures for awhile.  And hopefully everyone, EVERYONE YOU HEAR, will post up their pictures to tie me over until we get them pro pics.

Which one is your favorite?
                                         

3 comments:

  1. i like the fourth one and the fifth one and the last one! you two look so cute! (and pssst i totally want to draw the two of you since i'm almost done with my list now! lemme know if you're cool with that?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY PENGA!!!! :-D SWEET MOTHER! I learned about your list way late, and I think you had closed it by then. Of COURSE I'm cool with that! :-D Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaaayyy! i did close my list..but since youre a vip bloggy friend no list required! hehe. shoot me an email and we can discuss details? pengawenga(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete