Saturday, March 6, 2010

almost leaving the nest

I'm more or less done stuffing all the envelopes!!  Well, I'm done except for 20!  And that's because I ran out of ribbon and can't finish the invites for those.  But all the others are done done done.  Like I mentioned before, I sent out 10-feeler invites and I have heard back from a few people who've said they've received it!  In one piece!  YAY!  :-D

It's a bit small, but you can see a little bit of Beck's fanciful envelope addressing!

The 20 are actually special cases, that I've grouped aside.  One group is for guests in Hong Kong, and my dad will be sending them from Hong Kong, since I will also be putting in Chinese bakery/pastry cards.  (It's late so I won't explain but here's a brief explaination of pastry/cookie cards.)  Another group is mainly local relatives who require an insert to say who's granddaughter and daughter I am since our invitation doesn't, so I had to wait for my mom to write the little note, which I printed and inserted today.  That is so people won't open the invite, shrug at the English names, and throw it away!  The last batch are international addresses, mostly Canada and one New Zealand, that I'll take to the post office to get stamped.

The Chinese inserts stating who my grandparents and parents are.

I gotta seal my envelopes and they'll be going oooout!  I've licked all the ones that have gone out but I keep thinking of that Seinfield episode where George's fiancee licks all their invitation envelopes but they turned out to be toxic cause they bought the cheapest kind, and she DIES.  x_X  So I will probably bust out some water and a way to apply it without getting the envelopes too wet.

[ :: Edit :: I just used a q-tip and water, and the q-tip's tip is now a light brown.  GROSS.  {gag}  Glad I'm not licking the rest of them!  And I'm getting a more even spread over the envelope glue, so it seals much more evenly!]

Aite!  Goodnight!

What's your latest successful/completed project?
                         

2 comments:

  1. i got it! i actually read this post and then ran to my mailbox at 1 am to get my mail haha its very puurty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont need ribbon if it will save you 15 cents.

    if you die from glue poisoning, tim will be a rich widower.

    :)

    ReplyDelete