Wednesday, September 23, 2009

what to do?

We are working with a snug budget, and I think I'd call our wedding casual. It'll be buffet and held at a community center. So my going back and forth for the day has been on this. Which would you choose?
 
"Real plates and servers! The $1400 is worth it! Any less, not classy!"
Real plates, cutlery, glasses, etc, rented $600 + Servers $800 (so people don't have to bus or rinse off their plates!)

or

"I'm ok with bussing my own plate... and I'm sure you can find some nice friends to help out!"
There would be real plates but people would have to somewhat bus their own plates and then we'd have to find some nice friends or family to help rinse off plates at the end of the night. :o( Ick.

or

"Work with the budget! It's ok, those people love you. They'll forgive you for plastic."
Disposable? (But the nice plastic kind... perhaps even something unique like plastic square plates) and will save millions... ok... like $1000+ dollars

Would you care if a wedding you attended had plastic plateware and cutlery? Would you think it was not classy? Or would the couple you were celebrating, the food, and fun be more important?
  

6 comments:

  1. what is "classy" anyways? im sure you two will find your own brand of class. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. b or c. I think plastic would be awesome if you guys like hand-decorated and personalized stuff...its a tradeoff i guess, time for money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to weddings before with plastic... all were done buffet style and it was totally cool. I think square plates would be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My opinion might be slightly biased, but here goes. First one, if it's a buffet, how necessary are servers? I say not the second one because I have a feeling I would fall under the category of "family to help rinse off plates." And I guess you already know my feelings about option 3. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alvina, I'll wash your dishes. You know I can't help it :)

    (but I think my post is too late to count in the poll)

    ReplyDelete