Tuesday, September 29, 2009

invitation kits!

So today I was at Target looking for wrapping paper to wrap my (soon-to-be) Matron of Honor's card receiving box for her wedding in October. And I came across the delightful crafts clearance section. :) I found some appropriate wrapping paper (score!) and some invitation box sets!

There's this Palm Tree collection was on clearance for $13.99!! (Though it says $24.99 online here). So it doesn't fit our theme and I really want to put out something I've designed, but this is A STEAL!  (The picture was a gif so it wouldn't post).  Seriously though, it comes with 50 sets of invitations, reply cards, and envelopes for both things. You just have to run it through your printer. This is great if you're on a budget or don't care too much about your invitations, or think people are just going to throw them away anyway.

Here are a few others:



Black Filigree  (Source)

Green flower, which is pseudo letterpress aka "imprintable design." That just means the design is slightly... "bumpy"? So it's not letterpress at all... but if you're on a budget... it could be the next best thing.  :oP  (Source)

I've always wanted to design my own wedding invitations and have been tinkering around... so I will probably find something else for ours.  I was thinking of perhaps sending it to get printed in Hong Kong!  Though I thought this could be a good idea for others!  Too bad I didn't see any blank kits... I might've opted for that.  It's just a pain to go find the right paper and envelopes to match and all those other things like directions, reply cards, and the like.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment