(Source)
So the previous "bang my head" stress was this: we planned to rent chairs through our caterer. They quoted me $3 a chair. Now -- other companies I found online quoted between $2.25 and $2.75 for white folding resin chairs with the padded seat. So the fact they were charging $3 was somewhat significant (it makes close to $100 difference between the $2.25 and $3 a chair!) But we were like, "Ok... if we just suck up the extra bucks, it'll be one less vendor to work with. Yadayadayada." But then they talked to their rental company and quoted us $200 for delivery and $200 for pick up. !!! That's $390 for chairs and $400 delivery fees, for ~$800 TOTAL. FOR CHAIRS.
Nonsense. I am not sacrificing all these other things so I can pay $800 for CHAIRS. So it was Friday afternoon and I frantically emailed ten rental companies in the Bay Area (especially in Marin County) for price quotes. And was buy enough the whole weekend to not wait anxiously for replies.
This morning, the second reply was one for celebration. San Francisco Classic Party Rentals quoted me ~$300 for chairs (and they were the $2.25/chair people!) and $100 for delivery and pick up. NONSENSE! haha. But if we want them to pick up after the ceremony (since we might not be allowed to leave the chairs there overnight) there will be an "after hours pick up fee" for $150. Which is still... not bad as the total would be $550, which is much more managable. For chairs. I was joking around that for $800 we could either pay people to bring their own chairs or BUY chairs... and then give them away as favors. "Thank you for coming to our wedding! Please take your chair with you!" :oP
My vision of our ceremony looks a little like this:
But without the weirdo arch thingie and lectern thingie. (Source)
(Source)
Some simple aisle decoration... But I don't think we get a nice cement, non-high-heel-sinking walkway...(Source)
I really like the white sash thing with the flowers. Neat,simple, and pretty. (Source)
So the chairs provided for the community center for the reception looks like this:
Squat chubby grey cushioned chairs :) (Source)
Do you think we should move the white chairs inside since we're paying good money for them and it WOULD look cuter? Or just save the work (of our dearest and nearest friends) and have the communtiy center set out the grey chubby chairs?






it's not worth it just go to vegas
ReplyDeleteeverybody should be in charge of their own chair and bring it inside LOL yes, you love my ridiculous ideas don't you :D
ReplyDelete