Saturday, September 12, 2009

asking the BMs

So I didn't know that people went through so much trouble to ask their friends/sisters/relatives to be their bridesmaids until I started reading Weddingbee! They make them cards or scrapbooks. There are some crazy things out there. I wanted to partake in that since I love crafts. Especially making cards! But after awhile... the thought of going through the motions and gathering the supplies and how... they (the bridesmaids) might not even care I spent so much time on a card. :-P And so... I asked them all in person or by phone (except for Steph I guess, who got the card-I-will-mention-in-a-second first). Then when I went to the Union Street Bridal Walk... I got a swag bag from Bella-something that had a bunch of stuff and one of those things was... a pack of "Will you be my bridesmaid?" cards from some store called and something blue. Woot! Score! Now I don't even have to make them. haha. There were 5 and I only needed three. (So if you're having only two bridesmaids and want my two extra cards, let me know!)



It says, "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" on top and "I promise not to make you wear an ugly dress..." on the bottom.

I also personalized it "a bit" by coloring in the dress (light green) and flowers (orange) with some colored pencils. Which didn't go so well with the glossy top... but there was just enough for a hint of color. :)

1 comment:

  1. ohh...I wonder how Tim with ask his groomsmen. Probably something really creative. Maybe he could borrow your extra cards and draw a man next to the lady and scratch out the word "bridesmaid"

    ReplyDelete