Monday, July 12, 2010

gifts for my girls


I made myself, all my girls, our flower girl, and our flower girl's momma aka hair stylist extraordinaire tote bags!  I purchased the tote bags from CheapToteBags.com and printed out the designs on iron-on transfers.


This one was mine  :-P

Heidi likes turtles

That was what they looked like.  Sharon likes ice cream (and eating in general).

Steph likes coffee, Jesus, and guacamole (which was easier to represent in avocado form).

Vince got some grown-up lookin' swirlies with a "V"  :]


Inside the totes, they got "survival kits," snacks (Cheez-Its, Teddy Grahams, Emerald Natural Almonds, Keebler cookies, Marukawa Bubble Gum, Pocky sticks, etc.) and some other random stuff that varied between the bags.  The survival  kits also varied a bit too!  Like only Steph got a Starbucks VIA instant packet, since... needing coffee could be an emergency and vital to surviving.  :-P

Front view

Back view: list of contents!

Three bridesmaids kits, and two "wedding day" kits for Vince and our awesome head-reception setter-upper Wendy!  I also made a Groom's Kit for Tim... but that was less fancy and was in a freezer Zip-Lock so he could reuse the bag.  :-P


Our flower girl discovering the angel teddy bear in her bag  :]



Reading her book about a fairy

Sportin' the tote!

And enjoying her Teddy Grahams.  BEFORE dinner.  :-P  (All pictures of our flower girl by her mom)


I decided on tote bags since my bridesmaids weren't really clutch using people and this way they could throw their street clothes, shoes/sneakers, purses or random things in between getting ready and the wedding in.  I was in need of a bag when I was a bridesmaid for my MOH, so I thought it'd be useful.  :]  I hope it will be useful in the future for them!  Maybe... as a small grocery bag since tote bags are no longer "in."  :-P  My mom gifted all the bridesmaids their dresses (and my dress too!) and I paid for their make-up since we figured that would be more practical than having them pay for their dress and make up and then buying them... something else (that they possibly don't need) as a gift.  They just had to find shoes and jewelry, get their dresses altered if necessary, travel long distances (well, 2/3), and be my slave.  :-P
                                          

1 comment:

  1. the totes look great! i like how you personalized each one :)

    and your flower girl is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e. looks like she loved her tote! :3

    ReplyDelete