I got them all monogrammed purse hangers! (Source)
In February I won a $25 gift certificate to myweddingfavors.com so I purchased one for myself, one for my mom, and two for the welcome table ladies as a trial run. AND I loved mine. I've seen a bunch of purse hangers... at stores or online and they all look like crap. Seriously. The top is cheap looking or the design is funky. I found these to be quite tasteful. I've also gotten lots of compliments... or at least people fascinated with what it was and what it did. :-P I had a server come up to me during our meal with her pad and pen asking me where I got it from and wanted all the details on how to order them. They were a sweet deal, and who doesn't like personalized stuff?
It comes in a small velvety-texture bag, and I just keep it in my purse! With some effort, I usually remember to use it. :-P I was running behind on getting stuff together the day before the wedding, so I didn't get to package in any sort of awesome way like I envisioned doing the months before. Some of the girls were only there for the wedding and I didn't want to end up having to mail it to them, so I wanted to make sure the purse hangers made it to the wedding (and to them!) So while I was getting my hair done, I threw them into brown paper lunch bags (classy, I know) and scrawled their names and "thanks so much" on the front. {sigh} The shame, I know. But they got to the venue and to each person, so... it turned out okay I guess. :] I hope they liked them and remember to use them!
Other folks either received gift cards or monetary gifts for their wonderful service and assistance. :] And more shame, I think there are still a couple people we haven't "thanked properly" yet. Like my brother. Who says he doesn't want anything. But. We're still working on it.

I like those. do they make an unmonogrammed version? I have no idea how many helpers we may-or-may-not have. :P
ReplyDeleteHow much was shipping? I wish I had known you were ordering these, I would have asked you to help me get one, too! :)
ReplyDelete@ Penga: They do! It's heart shaped and is blank, I think. Not as "classy" as the monogrammed one but still cool! They have others, but these ones that wrap around themselves are way superior. :-P
ReplyDeletehttp://www.myweddingfavors.com/heart-purse-valet-holder.html
@ Beck: Shipping is $6.50. For my second order, I was able to find $5 off on retailmenot (or something like that). :] You should definitely order some! I'm thinking of getting more. Maybe. haha. (The monogrammed part makes you have to know who you're gifting it to.) But perhaps your mama and Jo would like one too!
yeah, my mom has one but it doesn't fold up, so it's kinda annoying. wrap up is better! i wonder if it would get there in time if i ordered some..hmm
ReplyDelete