No not this kind... (Source)
... nope, not this kind either. (That one was for you, Sharon!) (Source)
E.L.F. stands for eyes lips face and they are a
I accidently stumbled on the line one day at Target. My mom and I were looking for replacement eyeshadow applicators and I found this section. Of make up and accessories for $1! I was like. What is this. So we found the brushes, all 5 (though only 4 shown here) for $1. Ridiculous.
(Source)
PLUS.. they were just about the perfect size to fit BACK INTO my very little Clinique eyeshawdow case. (Wrapping anything else around with a rubber band or just having to deal with two pieces would have been ghetto. Obviously.)
I also bought a shiny lipgloss for kicks and thought it was okay. That could be because I'm not a big lipgloss person but was tempted that day because it was a $1 and I was looking for some quick color. I didn't clean out the whole section since I was a little skeptical. $1? Really? Is this from China? (Yes, I think.) Will my skin fall off after use?
But I just did some quick online research on reviews (to find out if anyone online knew if it contained poison or something, ya know) and most people seem to like it, and no one's face has fallen off. The other day at Target, I picked up some blotting sheets. 50 for $1. Sweet mother.
Green tea extract flakes. Weird. :oP (Source)
I actually started this post since I thought e.l.f. products would be GREAT for bridesmaids survival/emergency kits, or as party favors or whatever. :] I had wanted to include blotting sheets in my bridesmaids survival kits, but the only kind I knew about was Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets. It was ~$6 for 50 sheets, and it was in one pack. I didn't think it was worth it to get each bridesmaid a pack, and if I repackaged one pack, that would've been more work for me. (I doubt anyone's used their little cotton swabs/Q-tips packets!) So I didn't bother to get them. But if e.l.f. had had theirs out then, I would've just gotten everyone a pack!
And you know what's even more ridiculous? They have discounts on the website. haha. If you hit up sites like retailmenot.com, they have free shipping if you spend $35 or other free products with your order. Granted, buying $35 worth of products at e.l.f. may actually be equivalent to buying $75 at a normal store (to get free shipping). :-P My favorite part is the tools, I think. Like the eyeshadow applicators mentioned above or getting tweezers or brushes, etc. Definitely cheaper than Sephora (though not as good quality), but for things such as foundation sponges/wedges or things that are somewhat disposable, why spend more? E.l.f. is even cheaper than Forever 21's make up products! (And look of better quality. Or at least better packaging.)
I will definitely go explore the section sonme more at Target next time. I actually even saw an e.l.f. display at one of our local supermarkets (and one of the more ghetto ones. :oP) I'll be looking for nail polish since my favoritest color in the world by Wet 'N Wild has been discontinued. Sadface.
This color looks similar to my favoritest! (Source)
Have you tried e.l.f. products?






hehe. i haven't tried their products but maybe i should..my nailpolishes are all like, 5+ years old and super not-useable anymore.
ReplyDeletegreen tea extract flakes do look pretty weird. what's it supposed to do, calm your skin down? or make your skin lose weight?
Hi Penga. It says, " Green Tea Extract helps re-texturize skin, masking facial imperfections." Those sure are some magical green tea extract flakes. Yeah, it's so cheap to try their products too! Dooo it :]
ReplyDeleteWow, I definitely need to check out this brand, you can't beat those prices! I usually shop at Target for my makeup and stuff too, since they have a lot better prices than the drug store. On my list to look for next time I go there!
ReplyDelete