So. We got our invites printed with Cornell's printing services and you can read about the process of getting there HERE. The print job was decent but a bit lacking for a wedding invitation. Oh wells. But! We will just have to dress them up, as we had already planned here anyway. Though now that I have them in my hands, it is easier to visualize how to dress them up.
Pocketfolder. So this would make a neat little package of sorts, though I don't know if it'd cost extra postage. But these babies are $1 each, so that'll be a somewhat sort of maybe uncessary expense of $150. And I'd still need to get some ribbon or something to hold the pocketfolder shut. (Source)
Ribbon on ribbon. I definitely like this idea. Even without the pocketfold. And perhaps a ribbon on a paper belly band, instead of ribbon on ribbon. (Source)
Vellum with a pattern is very nice, I think. But vellum can get kind of expensive sometimes and... maybe it won't look as pretty as it does in my head....? And what do people do with semi clear paper? Throw it away, most likely. (Source)
I've also toyed with the idea of sticking a monogram on the belly band? But... I will see if I feel like creating one. This textured paper is a great idea though. (Source)
And here's a fancy pants belly band for kicks. (Source)
And isn't this cute? Wouldn't this be ridiculously cute as a CONVERSE shoe pocketfold? Can you just see it?! (Source)
My envelopes and stack of pretty paper (yes, I went for Stardream. I decided I could splurge on Stardream) are suppose to arrive tomorrow so I will have the materials to see what might work.
And since two out of three of my bridesmaids most likely won't be able to attend the shower, I am helping plan it (is that weird?) and I made an inspiration board I really like, but I suppose I should wait to share it. And I usually hate making inspiration boards cause you have to not only gather the pictures, but then put them together. I know there are probably nice easy to use applications out there that do that for you, but I'm too lazy to use them (Whhaa....? o_O) Anyway. I made it (in Photoshop) and I like it. :]
If you are a boy, do you feel like there's a lot of pressure for guys to perform on Valentine's Day? If you are a girl and in a relationship, do you think Valentine's Day is day for the guys to prepare and surprise you, or a day you have to make romantic, or is it an even effort to show love to one another? And for all, do you prefer gifts for an occasion such as Valentine's day, or do you prefer to do something with your sweetie, like... go on an adventure, take a trip, go on a picnic, watch a movie, go to a concert, paint pottery together, etc.?





i like that last one with the lace up front! a lot of work though, probably. stardream is some serious paper, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteand sak and i never really do much for v-day..maybe just go out and eat. unexciting, i know!
i like that simple ribbon one.
ReplyDeletei think steph is trying to make it up for your bridal shower. i might be driving her.
wax paper is also semi clear paper... and cheaper. =P
ReplyDeletei'm pretty sure i'm not coming to your shower now, since we're going on a trip. you can put up the my inspiration board!
(jk. don't.)
I am also doing pocketfold invitations. For the belly band, I will be using our monogram that I designed a while back. I am also using pretty Stardream paper. I love the shimmery goodness!!
ReplyDeleteWe never really do much for Valentine's Day since it is such a busy month with our anniversary and Patrick's birthday. But I always prefer spending time together over buying gifts. A Valentine's picnic sounds so romantic!