Wednesday, February 24, 2010

when friendors fail



I orginally was going to have a church friend do our flowers but she recently decided she'll be out of that the weekend of our wedding.  So I am currently trying to figure out what to do!  I was rather split between real or faux flowers.  Most people have favored real, but I could be happy with them either way.  If I did silk flowers, I could do all the bouquets (1 bridal, 3 bridesmaids), plus the 10 boutinnieres and 5 corsages we need for about $75?  Maybe a little more -- I can't remember if I factored in the corsages.  Or we could've just went faux wih the bouquets and then gotten the bouts and corsages done w/ real flowers.  I honestly can't really remember anyone's bouquet from their wedding, and what do you do when the wedding is over?  You stick it in a vase until it dies.  DIES!  I suppose you could dry it but I find dried flowers kind of sad and morose.  x_X

If we went with real flowers, I'd also have to go through the process of finding a florist, setting up consultations, looking through sample albums, possibly settling for a design they have on hand rather than on what I'm actually looking for, have to deal with pick-up or pay more for delivery, worrying about them wilting until the wedding (since it's late afernoon), dealing with another vendor, and... paying a lot more money than $75.  I sure do sound pro-faux, don't I?  :-P  While that may be the case, I really would be ok with real or faux, but I guess I think faux will cause me less work since I can pick whatever flowers I want, put them together months ahead of time, and not worry about the wilting.  The bridesmaids can use them to whack a mole (after the ceremony) for all I care!

Tim and I had a whole night's worth of conversation (it's precious time!) about flowers, and we decided to go with real flowers.  So I've been on the hunt for a florist.  Got a few prospects.  Hopefully someone will be ok and I'll be willing to shell out money for them to hand me a bunch of flowers tied with ribbon.  I guess flowers aren't a priority for me so I would rather see the money go towards a more worthy cause... like our wedding night hotel!  :-P

Which is what I've been trying to book as well.  It's a bit difficult in this nice, expensive city called San Francisco.  We are still debating between staying at a nicer hotel for a good price near the airport, or stayin at a possibly less nicer hotel but still decent for the same price in the City.  :o\  And this also hinges on whether we'll be renting a car, which I think is yes.  (Sometimes I forget the decisions we make, or if we make them too far in advance, I like to make sure we are still good with the decision)  :-P

Not all friendors are a fail!  I don't know if this counts as a friendor... probably not since she isn't really vending anything?  haha.  But my friend Beck kindly volunteered to address all my invite envelopes!  She sent out her invitations a month and a half ago and I really liked her handwriting.   Yay, thanks Beck!  (Her name is actually Rebecca... least you think she has a weird name)  :]

I really got crankin' on our invites yesterday!  So much in fact that my arms, neck, and shoulders are sore.  :-P  I cut a lot of paper (on a semi busted paper cutter, but it was much better than hand cutting each sheet!)... and adhered a good many invites to their backings.  And I'm still not done!  I actually started to get a littel carpal tunnel-y in the right wrist, so I haven't done any today yet.  But I bought like 12 spools of ribbon the day before yesterday, and once I finish the whole cutting paper and assembling them, I'll be ready to band them!  Hopefully I'll get the envelopes back soon after that and then I can stuff 'em and they'll be ready to go!


OH!  So.  Silly post office.  They don't have the wedding band ring stamp at the post offices anymore!  So I had to order them online.  Good thing it was only $1 shipping for 4 books of them.  They had the Forever stamp, the Lunar New Year one, and the Love one, which is the king/queen one.  I even called Tim from the post office to see if we wanted to do the king/queen one but then we'd only be able to put one on each envelope and... we just liked the rings better.

So besides the floral snafu, which I'm not too particularly stressed about, we are on schedule, I think!  I'll be excited to see people officially invited.  :]  Then I can start to worry about all the small details.  :-P

Did you take the time to see the sunset today?
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment