(Source)
Yah. It's true. Know what you want or you will get SWAYED like a skyscraper in a hurricane!
Ok, so maybe that is slightly overdramatic but I've always kind of secertly thought that maybe people just didn't stand up for what they wanted to or something to that effect, but it's true. Those vendors can be very persausive (or just more agressive than me, I guess)! So this isn't about persausion to purchase more things, but persausion for a better cause. I guess. haha. So when I went to the florist, she basically turned all my ideas upside down. Or backwards, however you want to look at it.
I orginally wanted solid orange roses (something relatively small and simple) for the bridesmaids, and I would get a bouquet with more variety, some orange, but also some white/ivory flowers mixed inbetween. (A lot like the two bouquets in the past two posts.) White/ivory is very bridal, right? But then the florist said, or rather insisted, that the bride should get the full color bouquet, and then the bridesmaids get the color/white/ivory mix BECAUSE a light bouquet would kinda get washed out in front of a white/ivory bridal dress, and the bridesmaids who are already wearing color, would have a lot of color, and may be even "brighter" and/or more "attention grabbing" than the bride. Which I understood very well. But. I wanted my mix bouquet! :-P When I told Tim about this, he was like yeah... that makes a lot of sense.
Stephanotis flowers. (Source)
So I was swayed to have more orange (w/ some stephanotis, oh how I like you cute little flowers) and the bridesmaids would get the mixed color bouquets. So I will just think that as long as the mix color shows up somewhere in the wedding and in the pictures, it's all good, right? :]
The same kinda went with her insisting you can't downgrade the grandparents to roses when the parents are getting orchid boutinnieres/corsages! I was like... it's ok, they don't care. :-P So when she presented me with the final price for the package, it was a bit over our budget, so I tried, again, to downgrade the orchids to roses, but she was like... "No no... they have to match! It's better that way. I want you to have a nice wedding." and cut the price a leeto so they could still match. :oP
So I guess I didn't like get flipped upside down, but it was hard to like... go against "expert, experienced" advice. Cause they're suppose to know what they're doing right? I guess I could've stuck to my guns if I really wanted to, but I guess her reasoning was prettttty l.o.g.i.c.a.l, so I went along with it. I was (and still slightly am) nervous that it was a Chinese florist and... sometimes they have different opinions on what uh, looks good? :-P So yeah. Hopefully they'll come out nice and pretty, fresh and delightful and not tacky. {crosses fingers!}
So have you been swayed by a vendor? Or someone trying to sell you something?


i love stephanotis! I'm sure your flowers will come out lovely! pushy vendors scare me..but so far I've been able to stand up for my ideas..pushy family members is a whole 'nother story though..:)
ReplyDeleteI am weak to salespeople too so I have to be consciously aware of the principles underlying my desires and then make an informed decision after getting others' advice
ReplyDelete