AND. So after a 5 hour flight across country, plus a 4 hour layover + 4 hour delay (yay 8 hour layover >_<) in the Philly airport, plus the hour-flight, I made it to Ithaca! :) Then on Saturday, Tim and I went to Horseheads for lunch at the Red Lobster (he's never been and I wanted to go for the cheese biscuits -- bad for bridal diets!) and Men's Warehouse!
Yummiest biscuits evarrrrr. (Source)
Orginally, I wanted to just go look and perhaps get him measured. I've seen some suits on sale at Macy's for $150, so why pay $150 to RENT a suit, when you can just pay the same and get to keep it! But contemplating further, it would take more effort on my part to find a suit, and perhaps even buy it on a gamble (if it's online) since Tim won't actually get to try it on, and find 3 other matching suits in different sizes!! So yah. We decided to go with renting one. And it's nice that he got fitted in Horseheads, but can pick up his suit in San Francisco, and his brothers can get fitted in Oregon. So suits, check! The only snafu would be that the vests most likely will not match the bridesmaids dresses exactly but... oh well.
I brought a few invitations with me so Tim could help me work out a little issue we have (may share later). We went to Michael's last night to see if we could find a solution (paper) and picked up some ribbon. We were in a rush to get home to cook dinner since we were super hungry, so we haven't remedied the problem yet. I have to go make brownies now... though I might try to tackle the project and make some mock-ups once the brownies are in the oven!
And this morning, I had to shovel the whole stinkin' driveway before I could get the car out. Someone please tell me why people voluntarily live in cold, snowy places where you have to put on extra clothes and accessories (hat, scarf, gloves, etc) when you go outdoors, still freeze your face off, shovel your driveway and sidewalk, brush off snow and chisel off ice on the car, salt the roads, and potential break something on ice patches???
Do you make brownies from scratch? Or from a box? Like me. :-P

alvina. i was thinking the EXACT SAME THING about people who voluntarily live in cold snowy places. i'm in dc right now (where the blizzards hit the hardest last week), and i am just dumbfounded why people chose to live here. there are mounds of snow taller than me that take up legitimate parking spaces everywhere! and the face-freezing...totally did that today. didn't matter how many layers i wore. but i gotta say, the feel of the town (esp the architecture) is pretty charming.
ReplyDeleteJohn Says...
ReplyDeleteThe cold snow is much more bearable if you can actually DO something with it...like ski, for example.
PS. Shouldn't Tim be the one shoveling the driveway? or does that not kick in until you're actually married?
dude red lobster biscuits FTW
ReplyDeleteor do you make cake from a box thinking they're brownies =P
ReplyDeletewhat doesn't kill you makes you stronger. why WOULDN'T you want to live in a beautiful snowy place? you get 4 seasons, and don't take summers for granted, sledding, skating, snowman building, and a legit reason for fireplaces and hot chocolate! plus, shoveling will help you burn off those biscuits. it's really not that cold, you're just a wuss. jk jk!! =P
ReplyDeletefrom the box! :D
ReplyDeleteI remember you would always keep a box around. I prefer making chocolate cake :]
ReplyDelete